“Delish....”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just love the food, atmosphere and the owners. All the staff is polite and attentive. The best Asian food around....we don't go anywhere else in the area.

There are newer reviews for Izumi

Reviewed March 6, 2013

No Japanese staff in sight, but that is far from unusual. One younger waitress seem unfamiliar with both Japanese food AND the English language, but we got through by pointing at the menu. I suppose that is quite like being in Asia...
Starters were all good - gyoza, shumai, harumaki and soft-shell crab.
I ordered tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlets) for my entree. Preceded by fairly insipid miso soup, and then delivered alone on the plate with a small bowl of rice - no shredded cabbage, no pickles, nada. I realize you're not actually Japanese, guys, but you could at least study a cookbook!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I eat sushi often, and this is one of my mainstays that I keep coming back to. If your staying in the Airport area, try this one out....even if you don't care for sushi, they have a great assortment of items on the menu. This is one of the best restaurants in the Windsor Locks, area hands down.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I actually ended up eating here twice on my stay in Windsor. The first time I ordered delivery to my hotel. The food was good and the delivery was prompt. The second time a co-worker took me here for dinner and to try their scorpion bowls. Like other reviewers have stated, the service was not what I am use to but I didnt find them to be rude as much as stern and to the point? Their sushi is good and reasonably price. My co worker ordered the beef teriyaki and it was good as well. I would stay away from their scorpion bowl. It had a nice presentation but basically tasted like fruit punch. Stick to the beers on tap priced around $4-$5 per glass. Also I wasnt a fan of their crab ragoon. It was more fried wanton than filling. I would go back though if I was in town again and being close to the hotel I stayed at.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've eaten here twice and both times have been pleasantly surprised by the food. From the outside it looks more like a college bar (big happy hour and cheap beer banners). Inside, it has a pleasant restaurant section and decent Japenese food. The sushi we had was fresh and nicely presented. The menu does tend to rely a bit too much on spicy tuna, never a good sign, but the food was better than expected. We had fast, attentive service

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!