“Great food - perfect for take away”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I ordered take away food on 2 nights when I was visiting the Windsor Locks area for a week for work. I stayed at the Homewood Suites and this restaurant is just a 2 min walk away. I called and ordered and the food was promptly ready in 15 minutes. For a Japanese place, they have a lot of vegetarian options which is great. I had the Vegetable Gyoza and the Vegetarian Hibachi - i did have the fried rice with eggs with the Hibachi and it was probably the best fried rice i have had in recent times.Very good food - perfect for to-go.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

There is one waitress who is there all the time. She is extremely rude and impatient. She literally yells at you for asking for a fork if you said you wanted chopsticks. She threw the fork on our table. I've had a few bad experiences with her as well as other people I know. The food is good but I don't think it's worth going there and dealing with that waitress!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Always a good time stopping at Izumi!
Great quality of sushi and friendly staff.
They sometimes have "Groupons" available online that are worth buying...
Some employees (1-2) are struggling with their english... but isn't part of the sushi experience!? :)

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Friendly and considerate service with typical real Japanese courtesy.
Expertly prepared traditional Japanese fare.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I had dinner with friends at this place a few months ago. The food was good, the prices were moderate and the decor was very pleasant looking. The only issue we had (and it was throughout the entire meal) was the wait staff. More than one woman waited on our table although I don't know why. And each one was worse when it came to understanding and speaking English.
It actually became quite comical when she would say something several times and we'd all take turns trying to guess what she was asking us until finally we'd get it right. I felt like I was on a game show. One of the waitresses was rather a sour puss..she liked to bark commands at us and tried to rush our meal. She was really rather rude. We didn't pay her any attention because the other girls were very nice...just impossible to understand.
Overall the place has good food and I'd go there again. If you go there be prepared for the angry waitress and the language barrier. It's still worth the visit.

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!