“Reminds me of small restaurants in Japan.”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Friendly and considerate service with typical real Japanese courtesy.
Expertly prepared traditional Japanese fare.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I had dinner with friends at this place a few months ago. The food was good, the prices were moderate and the decor was very pleasant looking. The only issue we had (and it was throughout the entire meal) was the wait staff. More than one woman waited on our table although I don't know why. And each one was worse when it came to understanding and speaking English.
It actually became quite comical when she would say something several times and we'd all take turns trying to guess what she was asking us until finally we'd get it right. I felt like I was on a game show. One of the waitresses was rather a sour puss..she liked to bark commands at us and tried to rush our meal. She was really rather rude. We didn't pay her any attention because the other girls were very nice...just impossible to understand.
Overall the place has good food and I'd go there again. If you go there be prepared for the angry waitress and the language barrier. It's still worth the visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Ive had better and I've had worse. I guess if you're in the mood for Japanese, it's something to consider.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have gotten to go and dine in at the bar and was treated well both ways. There are plenty of options including $5 rolls. The taste was great and fresh. It seemed clean and well kept inside so don't let the sktchy exterior dissuade you.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Food is delicious, but the owner is pushy and rude.

Great sushi, with new specials all the time. Surf and Turf roll is the best sushi roll I have ever had.

I would exclusively dine here for sushi if the one woman wasn't so rude and uncomfortable

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!