“A pretty decent night”

Travelodge Bradley Airport
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had stayed here 2 years ago, when it was The Bradley, so decided to give it a go again. The renovations that were done are great. The room was a good size and the bed very comfortable. The continental breakfast had a good selection (they recently got rid of the waffle makers, but my family and I were still satisfied). Even though our room didn't have a fridge, they offered to keep our infant's bottles cold in the fridge in the office. My only "complaint" was that all the channels that were advertised were not available, which included the ones my 3 & 1 year olds would have watched. But otherwise, an overall nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel ( well if that's what you want to call it) cuz to me it looked like a high class motel with an indoor pool. Anyway I stayed here on the 2nd of August for only one night and I would not recommend anyone to come to this place. The wifi didnt work, the beds in the room were squeaky, the breakfast that they said was offered was not breakfast. It was only bread, cereal, milk and some Danishes. The pool area was ok but due to the fact that there were kids running around I wasn't able to take my son to the pool. There weren't any towels to dry off and the water was too cold. The carpets in the hallways were dirty and just smelled and looked like a motel. I have so many bad things to say about this place. I repeat do not come here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Where do I begin? We experienced screaming kids outside the sliding glass door to the parking lot after ten o'clock at night. When they weren't screaming there, they were running up and down the stairs right next to our room or moving furniture in the room directly above ours. The "enhanced" continental breakfast consisted of no hot items, unless you count toast. Other than that it featured stale donuts, apples, and dry cereal. The hair dryer in the room didn't work. Our room was right next to an outdoor entrance in the rear of the hotel, which featured no lock at any time. The location of the hotel is off Highway 91, but there is only one restaurant nearby. I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel if you are looking for a good room.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for approx 8 hours because we had an early flight in the am and they were a part of parksleepfly. The staff was really nice, and that was about it. There was some sort of syringe in the parking lot, the roof of the hotel is falling apart, there wasn't an elevator (I didn't care but not good for handicapped). They gave us a key to a room that was still occupied. We got our new room and there was an opened value pack size box of condoms in one of the drawers. That made for a funny picture. Needless to say, we slept on top of the bedding. Finally when we were able to fall asleep, people got to their rooms on either side of us and had a casual conversations at 2:30am and we were able to hear every single word.
All I wanted was a bed to sleep in and a place to park my car for the week. Did I get that? Yes, but I would have rather slept on the airport floor for the few hours that I did get.

Room Tip: Just don't.
1  Thank Marisa I
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The room was immaculately clean, if worn and in need of refurbishing. The staff was friendly. The location is near the airport and near many restaurants. Those were the positives.

Negatives: There is no airport shuttle. WiFi, though free, was spotty at best and often just didn't work. They claimed the IT person was all over it. I doubt it. Upon check-in, our room had NO bath towels and only one packet of coffee..and this was a room with two queen beds, so it should have been serviced for 4. On our second day, the room wasn't serviced at all despite repeated promises that it would be done immediately. The hotel was full both nights and I have the feeling it just overwhelmed the staff. They are apologetic, but nothing gets done. And, for me, the absolute worst is that there are no security locks on the outside doors. In other words, anyone can just walk into the hotel.

I booked this hotel via a blind, make-a-deal-site. They rated this at 2.5 stars. Perhaps in another lifetime, but this hotel is definitely a 1 star. Never again.

Room Tip: Easy....don't book there.
2  Thank jeffg773
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Pros:
*Very inexpensive place to stay
*Free breakfast (great cheese danish)
*Free parking
*Free pool
*High water pressure and good water temperature in the bathrooms
*Free printing of a few pages (six flags requires that passes be printed, but charge for printing on site, so we instead printed at the hotel)
*Free wifi in the breakfast area
*Polite staff
*Easy commute to Six Flags New England, Naatiya Indian Restaurant (http://www.naatiyarestaurant.com), and Skyline Restaurant (http://www.skylinerestaurantct.com).

Cons:
*The room had some signs of wear (mattress stains, minor water damage in the bathroom)
*No wifi in room
*No recycling
*Plastic wear and styrofoam plates and bowls for breakfast

Overall: I will go again if I ever return to the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank VermonterinNH
Reviewed July 15, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kati W
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 5 in Enfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Travelodge Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!