“Nice for the price”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

First let me say that I was there for a convention and received a special rate of $55. I was surprised how nice it was for that price. I heard a lot of complaints but I honestly didn't understand why. Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, sheets, and toiletries. My bed was very comfortable. There were a few things outdated like popcorn ceilings and a conference/eating area however this didn't bother me at all, some parts had already been renovated like the marble floors and high granite countertops in the bathrooms. This was my first convention and I was surprised at how accommodating the hotel was to our group! Some of us stayed up till 4 am painting in the conference rooms as well as some of the open common areas.( And no, they were not quiet!) I don't know too many places that would allow this for several nights in a row. I was upset about the two separate breakfasts at first, however when I learned that this was part of our negotiation on the room prices I couldn't very well blame the owner at all. On the first day he brought out hard boiled eggs after seeing my disappointment at all the starches and breads offered and kept his promise to continue offering them everyday. As the weekend progressed he did offer hot breakfast food (even omelets) on two occasions which he didn't have to do per the agreement. I liked that they offered a shuttle, however on the day of my departure it had been cancelled because the driver had to leave early, I was given no notice and had about 10 minutes to scramble for another ride from people I barely knew. (Thanks guys!) I blame this on one staff member who was not sympathetic to me at all that I could possibly miss my flight. I would definitely stay again, the pool was nice and stayed warm, the common areas were open, spacious, and decorated nicely. And all the staff I met seemed extremely nice, even had a few that were like old friends after talking to them everyday for 5 days...lol. We were also offered refrigerators for a small up charge and the owner purchased extra to accommodate us. I had a blast thanks to the staff and all the new friendships I made at the convention!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
East Hampton, Connecticut
Reviewed January 22, 2014

HillsPoint Hotel had some very nice conference space and the staff was super nice. The room I stayed in was nice as well. There was some thin walls, but that is to be expected. This is the 2nd time I've stayed and I can see the improvements made. Over all I think that it is a great value for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again next year.
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hillspoint hosted our wild and crazy conference in January 2014. They were accommodating and pleasant, and provided assistance when asked. It was a very large group of artists, and the hotel did a great job handling all of us!

2 Thank Anne K
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Anne K - Thank you for your 4 Star Review. It was a bit "wild and crazy". We do look forward to hosting the event next year. Hope you are able to make it.
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went down for a convention recently and stayed for 5 days. The staff was attentive and the hotel was well kept, nice clean rooms. That said i left room for improvement since they just bought the location and there are a few things they are still working on upgrading. Thanks for putting up with us i know we are a handful. PS Get the BBQ Beef if you can it was GREAT!

Room Tip: Get first floor no elevator.
1 Thank SheriSharkey
SheriSharkey - Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure hosting the face painting convention. We look forward to seeing you all next year.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was here for a convention recently and found this to be a very nice hotel for the value. The staff was very accommodating and friendly considering this was their first convention and our group tends to be a little out of the ordinary and a little crazy! The public areas were great for gathering and visiting, and the conference rooms were nice and worked great for our classes. I understood that the hotel was under renovations, and I think they did a great job in working around this, still doing their best to give us the best possible experience for a great value. I hope to be able to come back next year for our event.

Room Tip: As the hotel does not have an elevator at this time, if you have a disability or have problems with...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shay A - Thank you for your 4 Star Review! We truly appreciate the kind words. We hope you can make it to the convention next year.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a convention for 6 days. This is an older hotel that is being brought back to life. There is still some work going on but the cost of the stay is very low. The general condition of my room was clean. Fresh linen, comfortable bed and lots of room to move around. The bathroom fixtures were dated but clean. There were lots of drawers and space to hang clothes. I had a refrigerator and microwave both appeared to be new and were in excellent working order. Our group had the entire hotel and yes we were loud and crazy. The pool area looked lovely however I didn't see it used very much. If you're looking for lots of room this hotel is very spacious. All the carpeting in the public area looked new or well cleaned. The staff was friendly and willing to accommodate requests. They asked for suggested improvements and invited the guests to come to them with complaints. When they are done renovating and adding the spit and polish to this facility I'm sure the rates will be increased as it should be. Loved staying there and looking forward to going back again next year.

2 Thank nsusko
nsusko - Thank you for your 4 Star Review. We truly enjoyed the face painting group. Hope to see you next year.
West Warren, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I first want to mention, some people that are leaving remarks, the things they are complaining about have nothing to do with the hotel.
1. Breakfast, I contracted with the hotel to have a cheaper breakfast, so that we could get a reduced stay rate. I also asked that we eat in a different room, so as not to disturb other guests and hog all of the tables. The hotel gave us a smaller quick breakfast, because we were offered a delicious lunch every day that could be purchased. He did offer things that were not supposed to be there on the last two days, eggs and biscuits and gravy. He did this on his own as a thank you to us for being there.
2. The trees seperating the convention room, was a joint decision. As the convention organizer I decided to try it, instead of having to rent a $2000.00 wall to seperate the rooms.
3. Noise?? It's a face painting convention. People stay up until 4am. We ask that attendees bring earplugs if they need the required 9 hours of sleep. I think you find the same at any convention.
4. I also do not find it rude for them to call you by your first names. You have name tags on, I asked them to be personable instead of stuffy. I even had them change out of their suits, to fit in more.
This hotel is renovating and just starting out as a convention/conference area. I believe they went out of their way for my convention. They offered every room available to use as teaching space, they even opened up suites to my instructors to teach in for no cost. When there was a complaint about not enough refrigerators and toasters they went and bought them. They heard we wanted mixed drinks and went and bought blenders. They even offered a $5 lunch on the last day to accomodate those that were travelling.
If someone is to complain about no towels or their rooms not being clean, trip advisor is the wrong place to complain about it. You should have went to the front desk and said something. They would have corrected it. Same thing with rooms that needed cleaning. They were more than happy to make up rooms.
Instead of complaining about the hotel, let's complain about the convention attendees that left their food, popped balloons, and junk all over, expecting people to clean up after them. Let's complain about the people that tried to take the system by overloading hotel rooms with more than 4 people because they thought $50 a night was expensive. No matter what, everyone will never be happy.
The convention rooms were spacious. The lounge areas were many and very inviting. The pool was nice and refreshing. They picked my convention attendees up at the airport and the train station, wihtout charging them a dime! They offered us a full bar and snacks nightly!

The manager and other hotel employees bent over backwards for the most part. Yes, there were bumps, but 90% were worked out as soon as they could be.

People need to decide to they want to pay $100 a night or less. For most, they spend very little time in their room, so this hotel was more than adequate! Next year they will even be better with all of the renovations they are undertaking. I look forward to hosting my convention at the Hillspoint again in 2015.

2 Thank KimHatch
Kim- Thank you so much for posting your review. We had a great time hosting your event. We look forward to doing it again next year. See you then!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in East Windsor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Travelodge Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!