Travelodge Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport(Windsor Locks)(Great Value!)
$95
Agoda.com
$67
$57
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Showing up on the day of arrival I was hoping for vacancy of this hotel. I knew that it may or may not be vacant. As soon as I walked in and said I didn't have a reservation, the receptionist (without looking) told me there was no rooms. I than went outside on my phone and booked a room and went back to the lobby where I was checked in. Instead of telling us all rooms are booked the receptionist could have let me know you can go online and do it. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! As far as the rooms, they were basic hotel rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Courtney D - I apologize that you had a poor experience with our front desk associate. I wish that it had been brought to my attention during your stay, so that I could take appropriate action. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night because of it's proximity to E. Hartford for a college football game we were attending. It is located "right" off I-91 but is not visible from the highway nor are there any signs directing you to it's location. Confusing. What a strange place this is. Outside the place looks kind of derelict - it looks and feels like it's a small industrial park that decided to try it's hand at being a motel/meeting center. Check in went fine however we had to go back to the desk b/c our keys didn't work. Big room, creaky King bed, basic cable, relatively clean, nothing really out of the ordinary per the room with the exception that there were really only two lamps and it was really dark. My parents had also booked down the hall. They had a flat-screen TV and room-sized fridge. We didn't. We would have liked to have the convenience of a fridge. The bathroom was clean with the barest minimum of amenities which was fine b/c we were only staying the night. The odd thing was that the toilet paper was affixed to the front of the sink letting the TP get splattered with sink water. No fan in the bathroom either. All of the first-floor rooms have sliding doors that should open towards the parking lots. Ours didn't open at all and my parent's had a wooden stake keeping it from being ripped out of the lock and track. Coming back from our event around 12:30 am we found that our keys didn't work again. We walked back to the front desk and there was no one there and no sign as to how we could contact someone. We waited/searched for several minutes with another guest who was waiting to pay for some mid-night snacks until the night clerk appeared a few minutes later. It wasn't obvious that anyone was on duty. A simple "Back in 5 minutes" sign would have been great. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice for an indoor pool. They provide you with a Continental breakfast, also strange; a tub of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge that you, and your fellow guest's children, can help yourselves to. The do-it-yourself waffle machine was decent but if I were hygienically-sensitive I'd pass. Another thing that made this place a bit odd and creepy was that there seemed to be transient-looking people who lived here. Just a strange vibe all around. Check it out!

Room Tip: Seems like a crap shoot, my folks had a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

LondonBunnies - Thank you for your very thorough review. We hope you stay with us the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Bid for a room on Priceline at the 3 star level in the Bradley Airport area and got this.... They have since (within the week!) downgraded it to a 2.5, and in fact, I'm set to receive a refund because of PL's bait and switch tactics.

The place is cavernous, dark, with an abandoned feeling, hallways smell like a hospital. Room had cheap furnishings (pillows, sheets), that kind of cheapo toilet seat with the gap in the front for that institutional feel, stains on the ceiling, old looking carpet (one you wouldn't want direct contact with).

WARNING TO HOTWIRE/PRICELINE RISK-TAKERS!! You might end up at this dump if you bid at the 2.5 star level in the BDL airport area!!! Or if they revert to their old star rating, you could even get it if you bid at the 3 star level!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Laura H - Thank you for your feedback, it has been super helpful.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Old hotel. No elevator, outdated plumbing. We reported severely stopped up bath tub drain 60 minutes after check-in. Very friendly front-desk staff assured us he was writing up a work order and it would be fixed the next day. Never fixed - spent two days taking showers in up to 6 inches of standing water. Only two sets of towels in room with two double beds (expected four sets).
Breakfast OK for this type of hotel - not outstanding, but adequate. Could use more electric plugs near worktable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

thank you for your review. I apologize about the clogged tub, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

2 STARS is generous for this place.

Pros: got it for $50 a night, lobby was shiny and spectacular. Plenty of parking.

Cons: Under maintained parking lot with a run down entrance to a "conference center". There is a garden growing tomatoes and other vegetables in front of the hotel. There is a "business room" with no tables. Took more than 15 mins to check in. Front desk doesn't seem to like her job. Everything is at least 20 mins away. Even the airport. (Unless you're driving at 2am)

Pool is small but warm. About 20ft. Fitness center is more or less 4 under maintained machines. WIFI is at the speed of dial up. Trust me, you're better off using your phone. NO ELEVATOR. Breakfast is no more than juice/coffee/bagels.

There are church offices here? Hallway is not uniform. Parts of the property with advance up and down connectors which don't look nice. They smell like my grandmothers room.

Beds are not comfy at all. The air conditioner has 3 settings: high, low, and auto. It will always default to auto no matter what. Each room has a 1 foot length "balcony" with no screen door. No water pressure. Not hot at all.

website doesn't work btw if you didn't already know.

I guess I should've expected these things at $50 a night, but this is NOT A 3 STAR.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.