“Great Time had by All”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
U.S.A.
“Great Time had by All”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We held our 23rd family reunion here from July1-6 2008. The service was exemplary, every need met and exceeded. Everyone was personable and helpful, making our family feel warm and welcome. The staff from the Manager to housekeeping was eager to meet every need we had with a smile, there were newborns to the eldest which was my grandmother who is 102. The hotel is on the older side but the rooms were very clean which is what we were most concerned about. The pool was a big hit and always in use, the food was delicious and plentyful, the daily specials in the Fan club sports bar were great and lots of fun for us all, we enjoyed the Wii games and of course our try at Karaoke, It was a blast. I would and have recomended this hotel to my friends and anyone planning a family reunion.

• Liked — The Staff, the food, the location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
connecticut
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We decided to stay at this hotel the night before our 7 am flight. We have two children 4 and 10 and picked this hotel because of the long term parking and indoor/outdoor pool. When we arrived check in took a while (no fault of hotel or staff) They got bombarded with customers from a cancelled flight. The woman at the front desk was alone and saw I had two kids and made an extra effort to hurry our check in along! She was great! Lobby was nice, hotel bar looked nice. Room was a little outdated but clean and comfortable and plenty of space. The pool was THE BEST. We had the whole thing to ourselves, it was clean inside and out! Our wake up call came right on time and shuttle to the airport did as well. The only thing was I tried to call room service at 10:30 pm and again at 5:00 am for toothpaste and noone answered. Other than that, great place! We would use this hotel again when traveling.

• Liked — POOL!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2007

I had to travel to CT for a weekend on business and needed to stay near the airport for one night until my sister got home (I grew up 1.2 miles from this hotel in Windsor Ct.) I had to work late on the night I flew in, so upon landing at 12pm I called the hotel and said i would be arriving late. I already had reserved the hotel with a late check in anyway. I spoke to a woman who obviously didnt speak English well. I told her to hold my room, she sad that it was fine. I called again at 6pm stated again just to be safe to hold my room (you know where this is going right?)Same woman now told me that I had a King bed instead of a double as requested, I said OK and hold it for me I should be there by 11pm. She said it was fine. I showed up tired from a long night working, and went to check in, the man behind the counter said they were sold out. I explained the room was pre-paid and the woman had held my room for me. He said he knew nothing about it. He was booked solid. A maintenance man told me that he know this old room was available, but it was a smoking room. I asked the manager about it, he looked surprised and gave it to me after reviewing his grid. When I got into the room the smell almost knocked me over. The mildew and smoking smell in this room was terrible. I may have also had something to do with the old pizza boxes under the bed, from who knows how long? The whole place was booked, not once did they offer me an excuse, nor compensation, nor another hotel, nor an apology oh and to top it of I had to return my rental car in the morning....they forgot my wake up call. Horrible lace to stay, do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank cubanito1
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 4, 2007

I stayed here for one night awaiting family to arrive into Bradley. The room was older but it was pretty spacious and comfortable for the price.

The shower head was older as well. Remodeling may have not been done in awhile.

I felt like I literally walked a mile to get to my room. It was kind of creepy, I had never stayed in a hotel like this before.

But overall, the value was good and it was only for one night.

• Liked — Shuttle service from the airport, large rooms, good value
  • Disliked — Long walk to the room and older amenities
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
Greenville, SC
Reviewed June 18, 2007

This hotel was very clean, which is always my first priority. A room with two double beds had ample space for my family of five. The shuttle to the airport was great - very flexible. Staff at front desk and shuttle had positive attitudes. Very close to the airport - would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2007
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Traveling by car from Florida to Vermont with my 2 year old Golden Retriever, it became harder and harder to find a pet -friendly hotel once I crossed into Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut.

Some real dumps along route 9W in New York refused us. They were places, managed by people who barely spoke English and were busy cooking God knows what in their manager's office, where I would not stay anyway, with or without a dog.

This Ramada, and another in Fishkill NY, saved us and I spent two nights, a week apart, at this property.

The key to this stay was that they said "pet friendly" and also indicated that there is a $49 non-refundable fee for pets.

First off, this seemed excessive, but they provided a pet kit which turned out to be both useful and worth the money, as it contained a wide range of pet items, including a water/food bowl, a very nice dog
bed, a squeaky toy, a brush and a food mat, plus some other items suited to puppies or unhouseborken dogs. In any case, it was worth the price. On our return a week later, they waived the fee.

Staff was friendly and helpful, even when I checked in very early in the day.

Rooms are 70's motel style with sliders opening out to parking area, which is handy when you have a 60 pound dog and luggage. Baths were clean and in good shape.

Beds were average, but did not sag as I have seen in many of these older properties.

Breakfast was fine, nothing to rave about.

Because it is so hard to find pet-friendly hotels in the Northeast, I will go back again.

Proximity to the airport is excellent and there are fast food restaurants nearby.

Granted, the hotel is not new. Ramada has tried several times in my lifetime to reinvent itself and many properties are aged and do not deserve the present higher prices most hotels now seem to charge.
This one was reasonable, safe and a bit above average.

• Liked — Close to airport, good rate, pet friendly
  • Disliked — older property
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Northboro, MA
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We've often stayed at this hotel as part of a 'park and fly' deal they offer for the nearby Bradley Airport. Now that smoking is prohibited our room was pleasant. The free wireless worked perfectly. Sure, there are some quibbles. We went to have breakfast around 9:00am and all we could have was the ten dollar buffet, which was pretty good. Much earlier there is a free continental. The van to the airport was efficient, and our pickup on return was fine.

Restaurants in the area aren't the world's best, but for our nine day trip we had a free parking deal that helped pay for a restful and pleasant night.

• Liked — Location, ease of airport access and pickup
  • Disliked — Rather odd breakfast arrangements
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!