“Clean, nice pool, great for park & fly and close to restaurants”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We got a good price for the park and fly program and gave the Ramada a chance. The rooms were clean and the pool is both indoor and outdoor. The fitness room is small, but wasn't terrible. We didn't eat at the bar, but I heard good things. There are numerous restaurants in the area, so we liked the location. The free breakfast ends ridiculously early (I think 7 am) and includes coffee and muffins. Great place for the price.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank landocolt45
Aknight15, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Ramada in Windsor Locks for our famous Park and Fly package!
Our hotel strives to provide the best amenities in the area to our valued guests, and we are so glad you have found ours to your liking.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is very close to airport and thier park and ride program was great! We were at the airport 10 minutes after calling the hotel shuttle!
Rooms were comfortable and very affordable. A great alternative to dealing with long term parking nightmares!
Very nice lounge and restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpul!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with Ramada in Windsor Locks, CT to park and fly out in the morning.
We are so glad your experience at the Fan Club Sports Bar & Grill was a happy one, and that our shuttle service was up to your standards. We at Ramada in Windsor Locks, CT strive to have each guest feel appreciated and welcomed during their stay.

Thank you again for choosing Ramada and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

We had stayed here a few years ago and knew it was close to the airport, we had a coupon from the last vist so we stayed again this time. The Double Tree across the street wanted $40 more and the only differance to us was you get cookies so why pay more for that? We asked for an upstairs room because they have patio doors on the ground floor, I dont feel to safe with that.They have an elevator BUT after using it once we took the stairs...It is very small and made horriable noise and rattle, just didnt wanna get in that thing again.The hallways smelled of old smoke but our room was clean and fresh, no smoke smell in there, Bed was clean, pillows comfy, had a pull out couch (no sheets or blankets that we cud find) Called for and extra blanket and was delivered in mins. The free toiletries were very nice, fruity infact. Airport shuttle was on time and friendly. There was snow while we were gone and the shuttle man said he cleared away ours cars because he saw our cars were due that day. I thought that was great, What other hotel wud dig out your car? None I know of. We ate at the bar/resturant in the hotel,good food. The guy who checked us in could use a little more training although he admitted he was cluelss but it didnt help that he was the only one working at that time so our questions went unasnwered until the next shift @ 11pm (id be asleep for my flight so really was I gonna call the front desk then?) All was resolved by check out, but some one that "green" shouldnt work alone. Thats the only complant I can find. Its not a Ritz people, if you want a place to lay your head and park your car, its fine. Dont exspect a Ritz for $110. Be real people. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for honest response for your stay here at Ramada in Windsor Locks, CT.
We appreciate the review to be informed of where we lack and where we are strong. We always do our utmost to go and above and beyond to accomodate a guest's needs before they check in and/or return, and are pleased to see our efforts are working!

Thank you again and we do hope to see you again soon while you travel through Windsor Locks, CT!

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had previously stayed overnight in March and it was a nightmare. I recieved a message from Manager Ashley Knight asking me to give them a second chance. I was a bit leary but figured what more did I have to lose. I was given a comp room and free parking while I was out of town. Got to the front desk the manager was very friendly and gave us two comp drink tickets. Upon walking through the hallway immediatly noticed the smoke smell was gone and the walls were freshly painted and new carpeting had been installed. The room was fresh and clean bathroom sparkled. Went to the resteraunt and had a great meal for two of us it only cost 24.00 the onion soup was outsanding. We not only recieved a wake up call but a call telling us the shuttle was ready to take us to the airport this was at 4am and the staff was very plesent and chipper. Arrived back to the hotel after our trip car was in the same condition we left it in and all in all it was a great stay. Thank you Ashley you rock !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lewisarm

Thank you for giving Ramada in Windsor Locks, CT a second chance!
We make every effort to meet and exceed a guest's needs and concerns and are so pleased we have met your standards.

As a valued guest, we thank you for your honest reviews and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here for one night - one night to long - to catch an earlier flight. Was told that my rate included free parking, but later was surprised to find it cost $25.00 additional.

When I checked in, there was a new girl who seemed nervous and took a while to check me in. The room was AWFUL.. Smelled, stain carpet, NIOSEY fridge (had to unplug it) and no where to plug in a laptop. Beds were hard. Parking lot was dark and isolated.

The free internet in my room did not work. When I mentioned it to the office manager the next day, he said "Ya I know. We will look at it." Well - offer to comp my "free" parking maybe? Nope. The told me I could use the computer in the lounge, which did not work. Wireless worked in the lobby, but not in the room.

Bar was loud. Could hear it from the room, but not bad.

Anyway. I don't want to waste my time on this "hotel". All I can say is do not stay here. It was awful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We reserved ahead because of the nearness to the airport and our
memories of Ramada as a good place to stay. We tried two rooms
and then left for a another hotel. Noisy airconditioning/heating, only
one glass in a two bed room, hallways smelled musty, restaurant
is really a sports bar with limited menu. Try La Quinta 2 blocks away
for the same price and a much cleaner brighter place to stay. One
plus, the checking person was friendly and helpful but could not
make up for the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Where to start ? I checked in got to my room Immediatly noticed the cigarette smell after asking for a non-smoking room. Ok delt with that. Called the front desk for sheets for the pullout bed no answer. Called again answered asked for sheets they weren't delivered. Called room service was constantly busy, Called the front desk to be given another number to call as the one in the room folders was wrong. Called the new number 8 times busy. Call the front desk they said oh they must be busy they take the phone off the hook when that happens. Ok Go to take the shuttle to the airport to pick up a friend 6 police cars in the lot checking a guy for DWI. Get back to the hotel room and notice a smell. Go in the bathroom to find sewage leaking through the ceiling from the bathroom upstairs. Called the front desk no answer what a suprise. So finally the sheets get to the room at 1am we tell the person about the issue well nothing they could do until the next day. Was supposed to be in a quiet room the room was next to the ice machine. Upon wakening figured we would go to breakfast sitting there drinking my cold tea because the water they use is microwaved. I look over to the bread box and there is a half dollar sized mold spot through the bread. Tell the gentleman in the restuarant the bread mold he says well someone should have noticed it. Well someone did lol. We then told him our issues. He was nice and told us he would buy us a drink on our way out. We went to the front desk to complain and were told sorry but the manager is asleep in one of the rooms this was 9:45 in the AM. So we picked up and went to the bar for our free drink the bar tender was great highlight of the trip. Until she burned the popcorn in the bar on purpose because a bar goer likes it that was the smell was horrific. Wrote to the company they said the manager of the Ramada would call well he never did so I called the corporate office and they sent me a 50 dollar check for a 107.00 stay. Oh and everytime the heat came on the internet crashed. Also upon leaving there was a cat litter box in the middle of the hall we had to step over.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends