“A logistical gem for Northeast travel”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Great White North
“A logistical gem for Northeast travel”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This little Econolodge flied totally under the radar of many people, but should be considered the first/last stop for any overnight travel in or out of Bradley International (Hartford/Springfield). The rates are great, the park/fly/stay plan is OUTSTANDING and the staff are courteous, helpful and very personable. We've used this place to park the car/catch the (free) shuttle to the airport a number of times now, and every time the whole deal has been well worth it all. While the rooms are a little tired and, due to it's CT River Valley location/summer humidity, you occasionally have to deal with the usual moisture issues in older places, the upshot is it's a clean, safe, welcoming place to overnight for an early flight, leave the car for weeks, and expect everything to be as you left it when you return. Can't say enough about the staff...if anything's out of place or you need an extra _____, just ask and they'll do whatever it takes to help out. Don't expect the Ritz, but hey, it's an Econo lodge...if money wasn't an issue you wouldn't be checking this place out anyway, right? Happy Travels!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Louisville
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Slept at the EconoLodge with my family for several hours before an early morning flight out of Bradley International. The young woman at the front desk was a sweetheart: incredibly pleasant on arrival at midnight and at our 4AM checkout. The shuttle left on time, got us to the airport in two minutes for our flight. However, this hotel was dirty, smelled pretty funky [said they had a recent flood], reminded me of my fraternity house in college. A fine bargain for a few hours rest and a shower, but keep your stay brief, I say.

• Liked — front desk
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Steve17KY
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 26, 2008

After spend all day living the travel comedy of errors, I ended up in Hartford at midnight with no car or hotel reservations. The first place I called had a shuttle driver ignoring the hotel line - twice. When I called the Econo Lodge, Matt told me there was a shuttle right outside - literally, there was. The driver was expecting me.

The suite was *huge* - and a separate, doored-off bedroom was available. Checkout was nearly instantaneous and the shuttle driver left as soon as I was ready, even accommodating my going to the a rental car agency directly - where I would try to resume my trip - instead of to the airport.

Great service, great room, great rates.

It's also about two blocks (though not on a pedestrian friendly street) from Starbucks.

• Liked — Room, staff
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jimcarson_com
Vermont
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Excellent experience! Great value. Stayed pre and post flight with parking. Friendly and accommodating staff, comfortable and clean rooms, good continental breakfast. The shuttle service was prompt and helpful. We have stayed at several different motels near the airport and this is by far the best we have used. I reccommend it with enthusiasm!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KNIB
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We stayed in what would be considered an average room prior to an early morning flight. The shuttle service to and from the airport was timely. Upon our return, our car would not start althougth it would turn over. The hotel staff aided us by trying to jump start the car, but without sucess. They recomended a nearby garage which found a sensor to be bad. While I wited at the garage for the repair, the inn provided a room for my wife and son to relax in, at no charge. After consulting with my normal mechanic I determined the cost of the repair to be quite fair. What more could you want?

• Stayed December 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2005

Modest but comfortable rooms -- BUT, you can park for free during your trip. Valet service to the airport. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2004, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2004

i would never stay at this hotel again. left the keys to my brand new car with them (it was snowing and they said that they needed to move my car for plowing). when i returned from my vacation however my car was damaged - and guess what the managment said when i could finally get them on the phone - it's not our responsibility. nice huh. so if you value your car and don't want to spend $600 to have it repaired after they damaged it, then don't stay there!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member