“Good Value That Met Our Needs”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Rome, New York
“Good Value That Met Our Needs”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay at this property for our trip to Six Flags New England because the Comfort Inn in West Springfield was booked. This accompanied with it only requiring 10000 Choice Points to redeem a free night made it a good "Choice".

We generally don't stay at Econo Lodge's because they rarely have rooms to accommodate our party size, which was 5 this stay. Plus we generally prefer the extra ammenities. However, this one had two rooms with a separate king bedroom and main area with queen bed and pull out sofa bed, so we figured we could do without the extras.

The room met expectations with a few quirks. The biggest potential issue I saw was the king bedroom had no air conditioner (I noticed a desk fan in the storage space next to the bathroom). This wasn't an issue for us because it was still early spring during our stay. That said, I would imagine the room being unbearable in prime summertime heat. The main room had A/C which worked well to cool that area. The main room also had a table with chairs, microwave & fridge, plus a TV. The bedroom had a desk and TV in a cabinet. The decor is dated and worn. The bathroom was clean and up to date with a hair dryer. The shower had a MultiStream selectable head.

We stayed for two days and housekeeping kept everything in order. We had a second floor room and I didn't notice an elevator which didn't matter to us, but could be an issue for some people. The breakfast was very basic coffee, tea, juice with muffins & pastries in the lobby. There seems to be one area for vending/ice down on the first floor as well. I can't comment on the outdoor pool because we didnt utilize it. The Wireless Internet clocked in at 1Mbps, but 4G LTE was available via AT&T so I used that for my data needs.

There are few places to eat nearby such as a 24 hour Subway & McDonalds. Bare in mind this property is right next to an airport and the noise can be significant. That said, during our sleeping hours we were not disturbed by it and didn't notice any.

Front desk staff was attentive, but we didn't need to have much interaction with them other than check in/check out; which went smooth.

Overall, we would stay here again depending on the time of year. We still prefer the West Springfield Comfort Inn, but to be fair, that is a different level/class property.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank BenJF3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Madison, WI
Reviewed May 20, 2013

...three things that don't always go together! The room was small but comfortable and quiet and clean, the staff was without exception awesomely friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the breakfast. It consisted of coffee, pastries, and toast with butter and jam. 100% carbs - not a great start to the day. Even just some peanut butter for the toast would help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maegrette
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My room #105 was very clean but it had a horrible odor. It smelled like mildew. It needs a good cleaning. The guy at the front desk said he could move me but I declined since I had already unpacked, etc. I stayed two nights to be close to the airport. You have to drive to get food. My room actually had a queen bed, desk, sofa and dining table in the first room, then there was a separate bedroom with a king bed, which wasn't so stinky, so I slept in there. I had quite the time getting the internet to work but eventually it did work. The bed was very comfy. The best part of this hotel is the front desk people. They are awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Econo Lodge Hotel near Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. offers the Park, Sleep, Fly program. For about the same amount we would have paid to park our car for two weeks in an airport lot, we were able to get a good nights' sleep before our early flight and leave our car in the hotel's care. The airport shuttle runs frequently around the clock, which is important because many other hotels in the area do not have shuttle service after midnight. More importantly, while we were away a major snowstorm struck CT. We were concerned that we would need to dig out from three feet of snow on the car when we returned from our vacation in Hawaii, but the very kind staff at the Econo Lodge cleared our car and had it ready to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marsha J
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I returned to the Econolodge to retrieve my truck on Feb.10th, two days after the big Nor'easter. I saw cars at other hotels plowed in and buried in snow. The lot was plowed at Econolodge and my truck had been cleaned off. I always stay at this hotel and leave my truck when I travel. It is clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This time they went way beyond that! I had struggled to get home for a couple of days. I was able to get in my truck, warm it up and begin the last portion of my journey. Great people! Thank you.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Janice S
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Two room suite for $79. Clean, spacious, super friendly staff. Knocked our socks off when we saw how much room we got for the money. And it was a Saturday night! Shuttle to airport was on time. Breakfast foods and coffee in lobby. Fridge and coffee in room. Not one negative word for our stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value and a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The only reason I stayed there was because of an early flight. The bed linens had such a strong perfume smell that I couldn't sleep and had a headache the next day. It makes one wonder what they were covering up. I was told that "when you return call the number and we send someone to pick you up". In the morning the shuttle had to make three stops before going to the airport. Upon my return, I called and was told to look for a LAZ-Y Fly vehicle and "go to your right". A van was "to my right" and was full. I was told I could get the next one. The next one came and the driver said he wasn't going to the hotels and to go to the stop sign. No one from the hotel or the drivers from the van told me to go to the sign that said "hotel shuttle", which eventually I found on my own. When the van came he took a couple to their car at a different hotel. He then dropped me off at the door of the hotel, I guess to get my car key and then he left . I had to walk to my car in the pouring rain with my suitcases. This experience certainly did not serve my purpose. I won't be using this service again.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you book. If you use the shuttle service upon your return look for the sig...