“Very nice for a short stay”

SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very nice for a short stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed one night while visiting family in CT. The hotel is fairly new, everything is in good condition. The suite was small, but comfortable for one night and very quiet. In fact, we had to sign a form agreeing to be quiet after 10PM. I was happy to sign it as I appreciate a quiet room. Overall this is a very good place to stay if you are looking for a nice, quiet hotel convenient to Bradley Int Airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The Springhill Suites is a new brand of Marriott Hotels perfect for week-end getaways. The hotel/room layout is very modern and extremely elegant. A flat TV screen separates the living room/business desk area from the bedroom area (although not closed) and the shower room (there is no bath) is distinct from the WC. Colors are refresing, decoration is way different that what you find in any hotel chain reasonably priced (below 100$ on a Saturday nigth, without a reservation). The complementary breakfast offers a very good choice of self-prepared food. Everything was almost perfect. We were unlucky to get a room that had a window that did not close well, so we ended up hearing all night the voice communication system of the nearby drive-in restaurant and their customers ordering coffee and donuts. But this should not discourage anyone to go there. 4 other friends that were travelling with us did not have such problems and were very enthusiasts about their stay.

Room Tip: Make sure window doesnt let the outdoor sounds in
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at this property for one week on a business trip. There are a couple of important things to note about the location of this property. First, it is SO close to the airport, which is extremely convenience if you fly in/out. You can literally see the Hertz rental location from the hotel (it's across the street, so to speak). Second, because it's so close to the airport, there is some noise from the aircraft flying over now and again, so keep that in mind (although I wouldn't say that it's constant).

The hotel itself provided the typical great stay that I'm used to from a Springhill Suites. The rooms were very comfortable with lots of room to work and relax. The decor was "cool", and the free breakfast in the mornings was plentiful.

The staff at this property was really great. They sent a fax for me, provided local info (pretty typical) and were just generally pleasant. The fitness room was adequate and the business center worked just fine.

There's a Dunkin' Donuts right next store for your morning coffee fix and several restaurant options just down the street. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chittenden, Vermont
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My family and I had an early morning flight to Orlando so decided to stay overnight at the SpringHill Suites at the Hartford/Bradley Airport so that we didn't even have to deal with driving to the airport really early in the morning from Vermont with our two little kids. We also decided to take advantage of their valet parking offer (great deal!). The hotel's van took us over to the airport on the morning of our flight and upon returning their partner, Executive Valet's van met us and took us directly to our car. It worked out great!

Furthermore SpringHill Suites service was great! On our flight to Orlando my son asked when would be going back to the hotel to get his stuffed animal he left in the bed (he left it thinking he was not allowed to bring animals on the plane). Upon landing I called the hotel and they went up to our room and found his stuffed animal. We stopped by when we returned and picked it up. A life saver!

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Carmel, IN
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This is a nice hotel- new and my room was clean. But there were some issues.
I had made a reservation for 2 nights. When I checked in, everything was okay. The sink was clogged, but otherwise the room seemed fine.
When I returned to my room in the evening for my second night's stay, my keys didn't work. I went down to the front desk and told them. The keys had been in my wallet and weren't exposed to my phone or anything, so I asked her if everything was okay and asked if they did have me as staying for two nights. The lady at the desk said, "Yes, we have you for two nights. I'll just reactivate your keys for you- not sure what happened."
When I went back to the room, I opened it and saw that the room had never been made up. I went to call the front desk, and noticed there was a message on my room phone. I listened and there was a rude voicemail stating that they went to make up my room and saw that all my things were still in there. It said that their checkout time was noon, and since it was nearly two o'clock that they would have to charge me for another night. The trash I had from breakfast was still in there with eggs & oatmeal- nice smell.
I called down to the front desk and told them about the message and the woman who answered wasn't nice at all. It sounded like she was the same person who left me the message. She said that they only had me as staying for one night, but since they had charged me for the second night already I might as well stay there. I asked why I wasn't told this when I went down to get my keys fixed and she said that she didn't know because she wasn't the person who helped me. I also asked them why they didn't call me on my cell phone since they had my number and she said she didn't know.
I told them I wanted someone to come and make up my room. They did send someone within 5 minutes and the lady was very nice and apologetic and made up the room quickly and brought me some more towels.
There were a couple of other issues with my stay, but these were the worst things and I don't want to go further into it. The decisions made by the staff and the attitude with me pretty much ruined it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We were visiting family in Connecticut and Massachusetts and decided to stay at SpringHill Suites in Windsor Locks. Let me say, WHAT A RELIEF! This hotel was not only modern, clean and EXTREMELY convenient to the airport and visiting our families in both states; they also had FANTASTIC customer service! Everyone whom we encountered was pleasant and greeted us with a smile. My boyfriend forgot his phone charger at home by accident, the hotel provided one for him to use while we were staying at the hotel, and I mean come on who does that! The rooms are HUGE, seperate desk area, microwave and mini fridge. Also the toilet and mini sink are in a seperate place from the shower and large vanity. Both are covered by these very contemporary sliding frosted glass doors which gives a very modern look! Also they have an indoor pool, so even if it is cold you can get your pool on!

Since the hotel is near the airport you may hear occasional noise from the planes and the walls are kind of thin, but that was about the worst thing I can say and that is not even bad. If you choose to stay near an airport, expect noise from time to time. Overall I must say that when I travel back home to CT, I will surely be staying at this hotel...TOTAL SATISFACTION!

Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Nb
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We had confirmed reservations at the neighboring Fairfield Inn that were bumped in a less than nice way but Springhill Suites rescued us. The night clerk was friendly, extremely efficient and kind enough to even find me an extra container of milk for our baby instead of us having to find a store late at night. The rooms were great, they were nicely decorated, the bed was insanely comfortable and the shower was dreamy. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and fresh and the service was good. We were so upset when we arrived and the front desk clerk just made it all better by giving fabulous service and the fact that the hotel was in such great shape just provided the icing on the cake.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family