“My favorite place to chill out in Mexico”
Review of Flamingos Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chuburna
Flamingos Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chuburna B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My favorite place to chill out in Mexico”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After my third visit I still consider it my absolute favorite place in Mexico. I first came with my husband on a Yucatan discovery trip and then twice alone to relax, read, swim - all alone on the beach! - far away from the noise of Mexico City. I love the decoration, the comfort of the rooms, the atmosphere of the property and Stig's welcoming and friendly manners. He knows how to be present, to give you privacy and make you feel at home. I can't forget to mention the creative and delicious breakfast that makes you forget about having a lunch.
You can stay at Flamingo Inn while visiting Yucatan or just for a retreat on the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, so don't be worried if the penthouse is not available!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Finebouche11
flamingosinn, Owner at Flamingos Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! You are the best guest one can ever dream of having, and I enjoyed your visits so much. I miss our conversations, excursions and the great dinner you made for me :-)
Un abrazo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This totally awesome Inn was the highlight of our six weeks travelling around the Yucatan. The owner Steig is a fantastic host, who made us the best breakfasts and was such a kind and interesting person. We met great people staying here from around the world and thoroughly enjoyed all of the quiet relaxing and hanging in the hammocks, lounging by the pool, watching the sunsets, listening to the ocean from our beautiful private suite, walking the beach with Alex, Charley and Canella, and best of all sleeping each night in the top quality bed, very much like our bed at home. The restaurants in the area offer incredible food at very reasonable prices, and we loved how close we were to Merida, where we went to visit and tour around often. We will be back again next year, thank you dear Steig, for completely spoiling us! Marie and Malcolm Bell

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MBELL710
Dear Marie and Malcolm,
Thank you so much for your nice review! I miss you here! You are the nicest people, and I can hardly wait to see you again! In the meantime - take care both of you! Hugs
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really enjoyed the quiet laid back atmosphere of Flamingos Inn. This small quaint property is the perfect seaside retreat for relaxation or anyone visiting Merida and wanting to be away from the hustle of the big city.

Stig, the owner is a very gracious host and makes a great breakfast and keeps the property in immaculate condition.

If you are visiting the area its great for a few nights or for the week.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank StingrayMike
flamingosinn, Owner at Flamingos Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for your review and for your stay here! You and Kemb were great guests and I hope we´ll meet again in Riviera Maya - maybe for scuba diving? Take care!
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This beautiful inn in the Yucatan is out of the way, but is well worth the trip. The warmth and friendliness of Stig is unsurpassed. He provides knowledge and help with any needs or questions.The grounds are well kept, the food is delicious , and the rooms are lovely. The rooms are spacious, extremely comfortable and a joy to spend time in.

We enjoyed watching the surf from our king-size bed. We were able to visit Merida, other colonial towns, a cenote, and archeological sites. We spent 2 days of our week at Flamingos relaxing and swimming in the ocean. There are excellent seafood restaurants in nearby towns. We had ceviche and wonderful fresh grouper.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IngCV
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our stay very much at Flamingos Inn. We are spending the winter in Mérida and it was very pleasant to spend a few restful days at the beach.
The Inn is right at the water's edge, so you can fall asleep to the soothing sound of the waves caressing the shoreline.
Chuburnå is quiet during winter season so having a car is decidedly a big plus-we didn't have one.
Stig was very sweet and drove us to Progreso to grocery shop and we cooked simple meals in the very well equiipped kitchenette. (Stig also does a very good breakfast for you too, of course)
I would think a stay at the Inn is particularly attractive for someone interested in a great place to stay as a base for exploring the area and not necessarily as an end destination itself.
After having spent time on the Mexican Caribbean, the Gulf beach here is a bit of a disappointment, but that in no way reflects the great job Stig has done with the Inn nor his
graciousness as a host. We recommend the Flamingos Inn without hesitation if you're looking for a restful, lovely place to stay on the Progreso area Yucatán coast.
PS Did I mention Stig is awarm and fun host?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom_in_Woodstock
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hubby and I left The Flamingo Inn a couple of days ago and we both loved it. We stayed at the "penthouse" which is a breath taking room with wonderful views and breeze, every detail has been taken care of by Norwegian owner Stig, who by the way ensures that your time there is the best, he helped us with information and also when our rental car broke down, thanks for everything, we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ivonne33
flamingosinn, Owner at Flamingos Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and for staying with us here at Flamingos Inn. You were missed when you left, thanks again for the nice dinner we had together in Chelem and for nice moments on the garden terrace.
Kind regards
Stig
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at Flamingos Inn again in January and once again, felt like I had been transported to heaven.

I had stayed in the "penthouse", Mar on my previous visit and loved the accommodations...stay in Arena this visit and was just as pleased.

The kitchen has everything you'd need and the large balcony was just perfect for morning coffee, relaxing and reading a book.

Don't let the seclusion of the Inn scare you off. If you want a bit of company, Stig, the owner and other guests are usually gathered around the terrace for great conversation. There are very good local restaurants and a store in Progreso that has everything you'll need...food, wine, and beer.

The Inn's proximity to Progreso (15 minutes) and Merida (30 minutes) make it a perfect location for relaxation coupled with nearby restaurants, cultural events and sightseeing.

I'm looking forward to returning again later this year! Thank you Stig, for another wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MyRiver
Thank you so much for your nice review, and even more for staying here again! Both my guests and I missed you when you left, you always make us feel comfortable with your smile and sense of humor. I hope to see you back soon!
Hugs
Stig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuburna
Progreso Beach Hotel
#3 of 103 in Merida
Playa Linda Hotel
Playa Linda Hotel
#3 of 13 in Progreso

Been to Flamingos Inn? Share your experiences!