Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Windsor
$59
  • Breakfast included
$60
$58
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanvery nice staywould definitely stay here againhartford windsorsmall gymking suitegreat place to stayhartford airportbistrolobbybusinesspaulaelevatorshuttlebeddingmicrowave
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights on business and this Courtyard is nothing more than a highway exit stopover. I do not understand the “Cozy”, “World Class” and “Amazing” TripAdvisor reviews offered by other guests at this property. The staff is friendly enough, but this is a basic two story motel that appears to have been rebranded by Courtyard.

The rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is that of a motel – dark interior hallways, noisy air handler in the room, hallway noise, parking outside your room, etc. There was some moderate evening room noise as my neighbors were a traveling sports team and I suspect these types of groups are common overnight guests based on the location. There is an in house restaurant/bar/bistro, but very average and rather pricey for breakfast. Nothing is within walking, so you need a car for dining.

This hotel is fine for an overnight or two. If you want more, there’s a full service Marriott across the street and a Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden down the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hohja_md
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry that your stay was a disappointment. Since your visit we have begun to change the lighting in the rooms and hallways. We also have a complete room renovation scheduled for 2013. This includes guest rooms, hallways and stairwells. We are very excited about our renovation. In 2012, we completed the lobby, the exercise room, meeting room and Bistro renovations. Maybe you will reconsider giving us another opportunity to prove ourselves in the future and we look forward to it.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I cannot remember when I have stayed at a hotel that didn't have free coffee in the lobby. This one doesn't. And when I mentioned it, the person at the desk said that Courtyard is doing away w/free coffee in all its hotels that have Bistros. I've been a really loyal Marriott fan over the years, but y loyalty is starting to wear thin. Cannot stand the Lodgenet TV. Now they're going to take away the free coffee in the lobby? It's a small thing. But really an annoyance. So when I left at 5 a.m. to catch a flight, there was no coffee: the Bistro was closed.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. I’m very sorry that you were disappointed that we no long offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. In 2012, we opened our Bistro and we proudly brew Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day. We also have extra complimentary in room coffee packs available at the front desk anytime. We currently have World Cinema as our TV provider; they offer several stations in our guest rooms as well as our public spaces. We hope to see you back next time in the Windsor area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

which is surprising as the federal law applies to pools and hot tubs and the pool is still open.

ive stayed at this hotel a ton of tons. some of the best staff in the Marriott chain. cute restaurant
with a nice assortment of food at a reasonable price. the marketplace you can get beer and wine and other eclectic food.

I like the ability of some of the rooms to be able to sit outside.

if you want a bigger restaurant you can walk across the street the Windsor Marriott.

whats sad is that I probably wont stay at this Marriott in the future. the hotel tub was relaxing and made them distinctive. (the big Marriott across the street doesn't have one)

but don't let this discourage you. all in all a good courtyard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments and your loyalty to Marriott. We are thrilled you liked the Bistro and the rooms. We are very sorry that you were disappointed that we no longer have our hot tub. We are in the process of expanding our pool deck. This will include a new area for sitting and relaxing by the indoor pool. We hope that next time you are in town you will stop by and enjoy this new area.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been to this property probably a dozen times in the past couple of years. All my trips were for business as my company has facilities in the area. The staff are so nice and eager to help with any problems or concerns. They have also renovated the lobby area which is a bonus. It's always a pleasure to stay when I'm in town and I know the staff will make me feel welcome. It's a good clean room which is all I can ask for.Highly recommend this property if you are in the area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I am so happy to hear you have visited our hotel several times. Your loyalty to Marriott is appreciated. Thanks for letting me know that my team is always nice and eager to help. I am lucky to work with such wondeful people. I am also thrilled you love the lobby renovation. Thanks again for recommeding our hotel. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Windsor area.

Colleen and The Windsor Team

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our stay was for a sports tournament in the Hartford area. The staff were great and was a great value for the price. Would look to stay here again if we are going to be in the area. Beds were comfortable and room temp was ok. Sounds from hallway were easy to hear and bathroom could be updated a bit. Overall a good experience.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding my team and great value. I am happy you found the beds comfortable. We are excited to report the hotel guest room and hallways will be going under renovation later this year. Our Bistro and public space had a complete renovation in 2012. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Thank you!