“Solid Indian Food.”

Taste of India
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've eaten here several times. It's pretty much standard Indian food which means it's tasty as hell (I honestly find most Indian places to be pretty similar in food quality). The atomosphere is nice and quiet and the prices are good. My only problem is that I can't figure out when they deliver. A few times I've called and they said they weren't delivering that day even though the schedule says they do. It's confusing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first time to eat Indian food and it was great, highly spicy and plenty of it. I thoroughly enjoyed by dinner and look forward to going back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The lunch buffett is a bargain at $10 a person, and it is all you can eat. Clean restaurant, nicely decorated, friendly prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. The lunch buffett offers some nice tasting raitas and chutneys which are all fresh and tasty, and authentic. The naan, samosas and pakora are good. The salad offering is disappointing- just a few slices of cucumber. The vegetarian spinach and cheese dish was good but greasy. The chickpea curry was too mild and bland and also watery. There was a potato and onion dish which was decent. The 2 chicken curries were both extremely mild, watery and therefore not authentic. The tandoori chicken (oven roasted) was dry but nicely seasoned. For dessert they had rice pudding which was ok and a cheese ball in syrup which was good. I think this place might be better at dinner time, when they have spicy dishes according to the menu and they offer lamb. So, while the lunch buffet is an all you can eat bargain, it gets zero points on authenticity or flavor. But overall I still rated the place average due to nice atmosphere and cleanliness.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A friend and I meet in Windsor whenever I'm in Connecticut as it is a good half-way point. We like a quiet place with good food that's relatively inexpensive. That's a good description of the Taste of Indian. The lunch buffet is quite extensive, offering a great many choices. While the food is fairly typical of most Indian buffet, it is quite good. This trip, there was only one other group in the restaurant while we lingered over our lunch and conversation. Given the quality of our meals, we certainly hope the buffet and restaurant are better filled on other days.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'm not an expert on Indian cuisine, but compared to other places, this one is certainly pretty good. Lunch buffet is pretty reasonable. The place was never very crowded when I went, but it was close to my hotel. No problems and would go back to get my curry fix.