“Great stay.”

Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel was excellent, the staff was great, the rooms clean, we were made to feel very welcome and at home. We were there during a blizzard and could not have asked for a better place to stay. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
John B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Linda D we are glad to read you felt like you at home and that we took good care of you druing the snow storm. Thanks for letting us know and I will be sure pass on to the entire team, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a room so that I could stay close to work during the snow storm that was coming and was supposed to make it impossible to travel. I am an essential employee that has to go to work no matter what the weather conditions are outside. When I woke in the morning nearly 3 ft of snow had fallen and all the cars in the parking lot were buried in snow. I went to the front desk to see if they had anyone to help me dig my car out. She explained they had enough staff on duty to help anyone who needed help getting their car out and immediately contacted maintenance who then dug my care out within 45 minutes.I had other co-workers who stated at different hotels in the area and they said their hotels did not have anyone to help them get out. I would definitely stay with Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Sarah T - that photo says it all what a snow storm. I appreciate you recognizing all the planning and hard work on our part to deal with the blizzard. I am glad we were able to take care of you and you pointed out that this was not the case with some of our competition. We hope to see you again (maybe when there is less snow !)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had booked my stay through hotels.com but needed to extend my stay. I had to reserve another room for the next day which included checking out then checking back in. The front desk was very friendly and never acted like this was an issue. They even switched me into a smoking room so I wouldn't have to go outside and stand in the cold. Sometimes as a single woman I feel nervous traveling alone but this is a very safe property with attentive and caring staff. When I had checked into my new room on day 2 I even came back to my room after lunch and saw that they had left a snack and water bottle in a bag on my door for my HHonors. The hotel was clean, smelled nice and was comfortable as are the other ones I have stayed at. If I have to travel to the area again I would definitely choose the Hampton!!

Room Tip: I stayed my first night by the elevator and had no problems with noise. I know this is an issue a lo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Nicole - how nice it was for me to read about your pleasant stay. Thanks for recognizing the friendliness of our staff and overall cleanliness of the hotel . Thanks for taking the time to let us know , We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My usual Hilton that I like to stay at was booked and being an HH member I wanted my points. I took a chance on the Hampton and glad I did. The rooms were nice and the bathroom was large. Staff is very friendly and the shuttle service is prompt and courteous. The breakfast is meh...I did enjoy the bagel topper sandwich and for the 5 days I stayed their I believe I had a different option for breakfast every morning but for example, their omlettes are premade. Still not bad but not extraordinary either. I loved that they had "to go" bags at the front desk filled w/a bottle of water, a muffin, an apple and a pastry bar. It was nice to have when I couldnt make it out of the office for lunch. I didnt use their pool or fitness center but both looked very nice and clean. the front desk had a plethora of take out menus for places that delivered and the shuttle will take you to a good variety of resturants. Overall I would stay here again, if my usual Hilton was not available, and would recommend others to stay there as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
John B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear sasraven : Thanks for sharing your great experience and your compliments about the hotel staff , service and ameties we provided. We hope to become your preffered hotel when you are in the Hartford area.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Everything was as expected with a Hampton branded hotel. Airport pickup was quick as was check-in. Room was clean and had a quiet night's sleep. Hotel even provided a ride right to the rental car outlet the next morning. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

jhskier : thanks for sharing your enjoyable ty stay with us and your kind words about all the things you liked including our shuttle and cleanliness. You mentioned you would certainly stay with us again and we hope to see you soon.

John Breda
Hampton Inn Hartford Airport.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I've stayed in lots of Hampton Inns over the years and this is a very nice one for those staying near the airport. It's very close and a quick free shuttle ride away.

Nice clean rooms and excellent value for the dollar spent. I did not get to enjoy breakfast as I took their free 24 hour shuttle to the airport at 4:30 AM That is a big feature for an airport hotel and I've learned to ask hotels for their shuttle hours. You would be surprised at the number of airport hotels where the shuttle did not start till 6 AM (not really helpful for a 5:45 AM flight)

This property has two modern and fast elevators. My only complaint is the lack of a fridge in the room. The front desk offered to bring one to my room right away, but as I arrived late and was leaving early, I did not bother. I will have it noted in my reservation next time so they will have one in my room, cold and ready to store some bottle water and libations.

Great staff. They even picked me up at the car rental return so I got that task out of the way before heading home.

I will be back!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room like most Hampton Inns, call ahead and ask for one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2168, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Traveler 2013 : your profile picuture says it all : "road warrior" . I know that there can be no better voice of experience than a Hilton Diamond memeber to judge what is the best in our area. I appreciate you taking the time to share such detail and all that you enjoyed about our hotel and our staff. We hope to see you soon and we will have your refridgerator waiting for you !

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Driving the last leg of an arduous business trip, I was relieved to discover this welcoming Hampton Inn, with a service-first friendly attentive staff. The room was reserved less than 1 hour before check-in, yet I was treated in the most professional and courteous manner, as if they'd been awaiting my arrival.

To be honest, while I was expecting all the accompanying noise and anonymous transient nature of an airport property, it felt more like a quiet country warming CT inn with modern comfortable rooms and newly appointed baths/showers. Breakfast is complimentary, served in the lobby, where it's easy to ensure privacy or to conduct business. I had a great night's sleep.

For lunch or dinner, there's no restaurant at this Hampton Inn, but a courtesy van whisks you away in less than 5 minutes to a choice of several very acceptable restaurants. I chose the Italian family style place, and enjoyed a generously portioned, perfectly prepared dinner that impressed me immensely; definitely a successful family operation. The NYC prices I'm accustomed to would be at least double to triple the bill. Service and solid recommendations never wavered in this popular place.

For travelers seeking great value, comfortable accomdations and helpful responsive staff,
I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. They really have their act together. Prices are moderate.

Room Tip: I asked for a room not facing the Interstate; they're sound-proofed anyway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Greg M : Thank you for taking the time you did to explain all the positive aspects of your stay with us. I especially appreciate you focusing on our greatest source of pride - our staff and their dedication to service. We hope to see you again soon.

Hampton Inn Hartford Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport? Share your experiences!