“Quality Hampton Stay”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
wyoming
“Quality Hampton Stay”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Everything was as expected with a Hampton branded hotel. Airport pickup was quick as was check-in. Room was clean and had a quiet night's sleep. Hotel even provided a ride right to the rental car outlet the next morning. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
John B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
jhskier : thanks for sharing your enjoyable ty stay with us and your kind words about all the things you liked including our shuttle and cleanliness. You mentioned you would certainly stay with us again and we hope to see you soon.

John Breda
Hampton Inn Hartford Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I've stayed in lots of Hampton Inns over the years and this is a very nice one for those staying near the airport. It's very close and a quick free shuttle ride away.

Nice clean rooms and excellent value for the dollar spent. I did not get to enjoy breakfast as I took their free 24 hour shuttle to the airport at 4:30 AM That is a big feature for an airport hotel and I've learned to ask hotels for their shuttle hours. You would be surprised at the number of airport hotels where the shuttle did not start till 6 AM (not really helpful for a 5:45 AM flight)

This property has two modern and fast elevators. My only complaint is the lack of a fridge in the room. The front desk offered to bring one to my room right away, but as I arrived late and was leaving early, I did not bother. I will have it noted in my reservation next time so they will have one in my room, cold and ready to store some bottle water and libations.

Great staff. They even picked me up at the car rental return so I got that task out of the way before heading home.

I will be back!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room like most Hampton Inns, call ahead and ask for one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2168, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Traveler 2013 : your profile picuture says it all : "road warrior" . I know that there can be no better voice of experience than a Hilton Diamond memeber to judge what is the best in our area. I appreciate you taking the time to share such detail and all that you enjoyed about our hotel and our staff. We hope to see you soon and we will have your refridgerator waiting for you !

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Driving the last leg of an arduous business trip, I was relieved to discover this welcoming Hampton Inn, with a service-first friendly attentive staff. The room was reserved less than 1 hour before check-in, yet I was treated in the most professional and courteous manner, as if they'd been awaiting my arrival.

To be honest, while I was expecting all the accompanying noise and anonymous transient nature of an airport property, it felt more like a quiet country warming CT inn with modern comfortable rooms and newly appointed baths/showers. Breakfast is complimentary, served in the lobby, where it's easy to ensure privacy or to conduct business. I had a great night's sleep.

For lunch or dinner, there's no restaurant at this Hampton Inn, but a courtesy van whisks you away in less than 5 minutes to a choice of several very acceptable restaurants. I chose the Italian family style place, and enjoyed a generously portioned, perfectly prepared dinner that impressed me immensely; definitely a successful family operation. The NYC prices I'm accustomed to would be at least double to triple the bill. Service and solid recommendations never wavered in this popular place.

For travelers seeking great value, comfortable accomdations and helpful responsive staff,
I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. They really have their act together. Prices are moderate.

Room Tip: I asked for a room not facing the Interstate; they're sound-proofed anyway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Greg M : Thank you for taking the time you did to explain all the positive aspects of your stay with us. I especially appreciate you focusing on our greatest source of pride - our staff and their dedication to service. We hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I typically stay here before an early morning flight and it's very convenient. The parking fee is nominal and it's easy to take their shuttle to and from the airport. I recently had a flight cancelled and the hotel credited my parking without objection when I returned to pick up my car. Recommend highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear "Cottonhead" : thanks for your compliments regarding your recent park and fly stay with us . We appreciate that we are your go to hotel when you are travelling and need a park and fly location. We look forward to your next stay.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I often choose Hampton Inn because they give me consistent expectations. But this one was quite an anomaly.

Good points:
-Indoor heated pool (It was snowing outside and this was quite a perk)
-Fantastic fitness room with weights and cardio/weightlifting equipment.
-The breakfast had more options than a Hampton Inn usually provides (probably double)
-Many complimentary tea options near the front desk (and coffee too).
-Laundry was $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Usually hotels charge more than that. (I do laundry at hotels a lot since I carry a duffel bag of clothes that has to last me weeks at a time).

Drawbacks:
-You have to walk through the pool area to get to the fitness room. The path is slippery and I almost slipped, but it was probably just me being clumsy.
-Sometimes my key card didn't work until the 5th try, but this is a really minor annoyance.

I enjoyed my stay here and think it's an excellent value for the money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Howard L : Thanks for sharing with our future guests all your positive feedback and your great experience. The team here is happy to know that you consider us the best Hampton you have stayed at. Thanks for making our day , we hope to see you again !
Reviewed December 6, 2012

All in all, pretty much a standard Hampton. Rooms were good, if small. Shower was nice and strong. TV pretty good. My biggest issue was the wifi. During the early afternoon, it was fine, but in the evening, probably more users, it went to a standstill. 50-100kbps just isn't going to let you get much done. I suggest they get a faster pipe into the building, then the whole stay would be great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2168, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear rznaz : Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your kind words and constructive comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern during your stay and we have contacted our internet provider to look into solutions in order to offer better service in the future. We know how important it is for our guests to stay connected while traveling and we hope you will stay with us again and experience a faster internet service should you travel to the area again in the future.

spring hill,fl
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were part of wedding group stayed on 11/30 & 12/01.Staff went on & beyond to make sure our group enjoy.Clean room ,great breakfast with hospitality attitude.front desk staff awesome.some H.k staff didn't smile.Hotel allowed us to use small meeting room for get together in morning.
Thanks !!!

Room Tip: top floor with less traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2168, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear fl34667 : It was a pleasure hosting your group this past weekend and the staff enjoyed being part of your celebration. I am glad to read that you found the staff, rooms and hospitallity room to all be so accomodating. Our best wishes to the bride and groom and we hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport? Share your experiences!