“Great except for the bed”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Honestly, a great hotel, great staff, great service, but the special beds they have are not great. You end up sleeping in a hole in the bed. Others have made this same comment. If you stay here, make sure you know how the beds work before you get in it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked a stay here while participating in the Hartford Half Marathon. It was easy access from the highway, very clean & quiet, I loved having a microwave & refrigerator so I could prepare my usual pre-race dinner & breakfast, and the bed provided me with an excellent rest. Very pleased!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I traveled here on business. The hotel was in a very convenient location and easy to find right off of the highway. There is nothing in walking distance to this hotel besides for the hotel across the street so I recommend a car if you stay here and want to go off the property for meals. The hotel has a shuttle to the airport which is very convenient. The lobby looked like it had been recently updated. The hotel was very clean as was the meeting room our group was assigned to. I thought that the coffee and tea in the morning in the lobby and water and cookies/pastry available in the afternoon was a nice touch. Our room was clean and in good condition. We were in a room with a king bed which also had a couch, microwave, and mini fridge. Our room was quiet and we slept well. There were only a few negatives aspects to this hotel. The first was that our room did not have a safe. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have a safe. The second negative was that we arrived in the morning on the day that we were supposed to check-in. Check in was not until the afternoon but we were able to check-in early. We left our bags in the car and went to our meeting so by the time we got up to the room for the first time it was late afternoon. When I put my key card in the lock to get into the room, the door opened about 3 inches and the safety latch on the inside of the door was engaged. I'm guessing that they gave us an occupied room by mistake. I alerted the front desk immediately and we were given a new room. The hotel gym is miniscule and contains only 4 cardio machines and a very limited assortment of weights so it is very likely that if you need to work out in the morning (like we did) you will wait for a machine. The hotel does have agreement with the local Gold's about 5 minutes away which allows hotel guests to work out for free which we did one of the days we were there so that more than made up the limited facilities at the hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall, this is a nice place to stay on business and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I been the top of the Hilton HHonors program since 1988. Everything is nice about this hotel, easy off the Interstate & easy on. The only down side we found, was when my wife & I were looking for a table to have dinner. For a hotel with this many rooms, they don't have enough tables. We sat at the bar waiting, it took 3 people, to fill our drink order & get a bill. Not enough wait staff. After our drinks, still no open tables, so we went out for dinner. The same in the morning, more people then tables and not enough wait staff. But, its a good hotel to stop at.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the Interstate
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel has gone through make over, very nice lobby, check in was quick, Room was Clean, over all a nice hotel. Only real issue i had was with the bathroom tub. they must have installed a liner over the top if the original tub and when you stand in it, it points your feet inward. Weird feeling.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Reception by gentlemen at the front desk—will not mention his name as a courtesy to the Hilton—was professional yet impersonal to the point of appearing curt. He avoided and did not answer direct questions regarding method of payment and room/floor assignment. At one point during our conversation he stated that I was “argumentative”. Check in took longer than it should and when asked at the front desk to be moved to a higher floor--as requested in booking and on my HHonors profile-- I was misinformed about room availability and had to be moved by another guest assistant after I had already unpacked…not the best experience. Management was very sympathetic and honored the Hilton’s policy of satisfaction guaranteed.

The property is newer and well designed with a restaurant on-site—I was informed that the food was very good—Danish and water offered during the week in the lobby. Amenities in the rooms include free Wi-Fi, microwave, refrigerator, coffee machine. The flat screen TV is on the smaller size compared to other properties, the toiletries are low-end—Neutrogena and beds have form top cushion and adjustable firmness/softness. Bathroom is not worth mentioning--it's okay.The indoor pool is small but there is a Jacuzzi. The ice machine ran out of ice and the water glasses had spots on them—nothing that a good band of dish washing detergent could not fix. There are glasses and mugs in the room in addition to take out coffee cups/lids.

There is a Hyatt House directly across the way which is an all-suite property and offers free breakfast and after-business hours hor d’ oeuvres/cocktails for about $50 more. These properties are set back off the main road, Day Hill, so a car is recommended, but there is a shuttle. You can walk across Day Hill to the Marriott’s restaurant RC Grille for a change in atmosphere.

Aside from the bad reception overall the property appears to be of good value (rates/satisfaction guaranteed).

Room Tip: North facing rooms/back of building have a good view. South facing/front of building have balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel, itself, is a fine facility with a friendly staff and good amenities. My only complaint is that it took me half and hour in the dark to find the hotel after getting off of I-91. There were no signs that I could find and the route to the hotel (which is less than a mile from the interstate) is not direct but through a series of turns and a loop.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!