“Excellent hotel, but you can't get to it from here”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Virginia Beach, VA
“Excellent hotel, but you can't get to it from here”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel, itself, is a fine facility with a friendly staff and good amenities. My only complaint is that it took me half and hour in the dark to find the hotel after getting off of I-91. There were no signs that I could find and the route to the hotel (which is less than a mile from the interstate) is not direct but through a series of turns and a loop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the way to and from a weekend of fall foliage in VT. The front desk staff were very helpful, even with my late arrival. I was quickly checked in and arrived to find my room spotless. The beds were perfect! Adjustable firmness, great pillows, very clean sheets. The bathrooms are well appointed and maintained and the shower is easily adjusted, plenty of pressure and temperature was spot on. Room heating/cooling was great as well. The hotel is exactly what I needed and the rates were exceptional. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone in town for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed for one night at this property while conducting business in Chicopee, MA. I had driven by this HGI many times on my way to my plants in Northampton and East Hartford and always opted to stay at other Hilton properties. What a gem! I definitely have to book again on my next trip. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. My fourth floor room with balcony was very nice, clean and spacious. I did not venture around the property much as I got in after a long flight and was tired. However, the grounds and common areas were very well-maintained. The breakfast buffet was very good and quick. I used my HHonors complimentary breakfast coupon for a well-made omelet. It was a very good stay! Complimentary wi-fi, HHonors perks and free parking.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a large Hilton Garden inn, but very quite. The Breakfast is great and brought to your table. The Only problem was finding the place. Make sure to use your phone with GPS or map quest. Great value when you need to say near the airport. The hotel has 6 floors.

Room Tip: Ask what you want for breakfast and they will make it for you if possible.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2013

i must say i was surprised that this hotel was so clean and new. compared to other hotels in the neighboring 4 towns, at this start level. nice cabinetry, soap, hardware for the door, no weird smell, or mildew in the bathroom, or a spec of mold. restaurant with people actually eating. did not use the pool but looked inviting. i wish i could always stay at a hilton, but the price fluctuates depending on when during the week u have to stay in the hotel. i always name my own price, so don't always get hilton, to my surprise i have stayed here twice. it is on top of a hill, so not much traffic noise, or no noise compared to other places, woke up to see a nice green scenary. did not eat i the hotel so no comment on the food.

Orange, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We came to this hotel due to friends getting married. We got a special code for a great rate. The hotel was nicely decorated and I slept GREAT in the bed which is rare for me being away from home. The staff was pleasant and we would return to the area to visit what CT has to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Windsor, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

There was no signage in the room stating that the mattress is adjustable for firmness/softness, so I spent a VERY uncomfortable night trying to sleep in a "sink hole". I checked around the mattress for a dial or something to confirm it may be adjustable, but found nothing. Upon checkout I spoke with a manager who pointed to a placard on the front desk that mentions the mattress features. I asked her why there was no signage in the rooms, and she shared the reason is a Corporate budget decision, and said had I pulled back the fitted sheet I would have seen how to adjust the mattress. Yeah...what hotel guest does that on the regular unless they know it's a feature?? Although she was very nice and comped me rewards points, Hilton should be more efficient to ensure first time and infrequent guests are aware of such a significant mattress feature as being able to adjust the softness and firmness. A good nights rest is key and I didn't get one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!