“AMAZING STAFF!”

Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had plans to stay at the Kushi Macrobiotic Institute for 3 weeks. I decided to stay for only one night near the Bradley airport so that the Kushi shuttle could pick me up the next day. I decided upon the Marriott Airport in Hartford/Windsor Hotel. The hotel itself is clean but has a bit of an "aged" feeling looking at the decor and such. What I was so shocked about was the staff! It just seemed like everyone in that Hotel actually liked their job and cared about people. I got in very late the night before and got up the next day in time to have some breakfast in the restaurant. I was waited on by the most amazing women by the name of Kim. She could not do enough for me. The manager Ruth was also very hospitable. I ended up having to ask for a late check out because I got a call that the Kushi shuttle would not pick me up until a bit later than planned. The Hotel was more than happy to oblige me with that without hesitation. I went back into the restaurant to have some food packed up for me for my trip and again Kim and Ruth were very helpful...above and beyond! The shuttle driver doubles as the Bell Man so he came and got my luggage when it was time to leave. Because I arrived so late the night before, it was past the time that that the Hotel's shuttle ran. They told me to take a taxi to the Hotel and they would reimburse me the $24. They certainly did! I have never had that happen before? Overall, I was completely impressed! Bed was so comfy and I really had a restful night. I highly recommend this Hotel if you are ever in the area!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I LIKED: easy to reach from the airport or by car, spacious, good rooms, good food, good facilities, nice little swimming pool ideal for a swim before or after work, coffee set in the room, coffee and water available in the loby (for free), free WIFI everywhere, friendly staff. One of the best beds I have ever had (PS I travel extensively and go to hotels very often, and this bed is the best I have ever had with Dubai Deira Crowne Plaza)
I DIDNT LIKE: suburban so nothing around (unless you have a car), meeting rooms have no windows, very, very noisy fountains in the lobby, breakfast is typically American (eggs, cereals) so don't expect the variety you'd get in a similar hotel in Dubai or Singapore ;=)). There was a small band aid on the floor next to the pool and it stayed there for two days ;=((. No possibility to open the window a bit. It is all sealed.

1  Thank TheFlyingScorpio
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice room, comfortable beds, great service. Shuttle from airport efficient, But the shuttle service is limited to areas around the hotel. No shuttle available to downtown Hartford. If you are coming for a meeting that is several days I would recommend getting a rental car,at the airport, to see sites around town.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Best place to stay

Nice lobby and clean room

Little bit expensive but It is worth of it!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly but not over the top.

Rooms are spacious enough, very clean and quiet.

The location is great with easy access to Route 91 and the general Hartford area.

The restaurant's food is very good but a bit pricey. Captive audience I guess given the limited choices in the immediate area. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings down the road for more of a sports-bar pub atmosphere.

Overall a great place. One note - no hot-tub in the pool area. Always look forward to a good hot soak after a long day away form home but not here.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is s well appointed Marriott, nice rooms and very clean. The king size bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet - great for sleeping. The gym has several treadmills and ellipticals, and I think a couple of bikes - plenty of weights (though in a small space). You can't beat the location - s convenient to the airport and the office park nearby. There are not many restaurant choices in the area, but the hotel restaurant is good.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Long ride from NJ, ready to settle in and was informed that our room choice was not available. Too many groups in town and they could not honor request for room with two double beds. We were a party of three. Best they could do was a King and a Blow-Up mattress. Person at check-in desk was very "matter of fact" about it, I guess they have to be when so many people were being told the same thing. However I felt that my 26 years of loyalty to Marriott, was worth a little more than that. So we calmly shared our displeasure with the Front Desk Manager (I believe her name was Christina, please forgive me if I didn't get the name correct.) She quickly reviewed our reservation and details. While she couldn't find a room with two double beds available she very graciously upgraded us to a suite with two rooms and including one sleeper sofa,in addition to a King bed. Needless to say what started out as what I thought was going to be one of a very very limited # of disappointing experiences in my 26 years of stays at Marriott turned out to be one of my most positive. Thanks to the efforts of the front desk manager and the staff during our stay, our time spent at this Marriott was all that we expected it to be (relaxing atmosphere, good nights sleep, excellent breakfast to start the day). The efforts and hospitality displayed by Christina are the reasons why Marriott will have my loyalty for another 26 years!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!