“Great Food, Generous Helpings, Great Service.”

Tunxis Grill & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: phone 860-688-6429
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Mary and I ate here today. Mary ordered the chicken club, a side of greens, and decaf coffee. I had the Chipotle chicken wrap, sweet potato fries, and a diet coke.

The chicken club was so loaded with goodies that a very large mouth was needed. Since Mary doesn't have a very large mouth, she mostly used a knife and fork. Taste was excellent. The greens were fresh and lightly dressed. The decaf was just brewed, and tasty.
I devoured half the wrap - the other half is for tomorrow. Excellent. The sweet potato fries were very hot and just crispy enough. I have not found better sweet potato fries anywhere in the world - literally.
Beth, our server, attended to us like she had no other customers, even though she was very busy. We were never at want for anything. The bill came to 27.91.
We eat here often, and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Have been going to Tunxis Grill for years and have even posted good reviews in the past. Until two years ago the food was always superb. The food quality and portions then started to deteriorate. Tonight we had teriyaki wings and pizza. The wings were bland and not much flavor. Mind you these are wings we have used as a benchmark for all other wings. This isn't the first time the wings haven't been what they used to be. The pizza was awful. Doughy and the sauce tasted like poor quality canned sauce. The toppings were very sparse. I love this place but likely not going to be visiting much anymore.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I have had several of their salads and they are all delicious. My favorite is the salmon salad with shaved brussel sprouts in a light lemon dressing. When I order this I usually ask for a box as well because I always have leftovers for next day's lunch. Because the brussel sprouts are firm the meal packs extremely well for the following day. Their citrus salad with grilled scallops is really good and their steak salad is fabulous as well. You can't go wrong with any of their salads. Their food is delicious and the portions are larger-than-average.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Tunxis Grill is down the road from the airport. It specialty is Italian, but has a variety of delicious meals. Seating is mainly booths and they are comfortable. And it's quiet! The portions are generous and fresh!

1  Thank 123sealady123
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

We had time to kill before our flight and found this place. Felt like an old New England pub with good food options. My husband loved the white pizza. I had the avocado bacon burger and it was delicious. Service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Julie T

Been to Tunxis Grill & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!