“Warm and Inviting”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Warm and Inviting”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great Tavern atmosphere, friendly and attentive service, and awesome food. My husband and I went for dinner with another couple. I ordered the special, a lemon chicken dish with rice and asparagus. It was absolutely delicious! So glad a friend told me about this place. We will definitely be back!!

• Visited March 2014

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Poor”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been a patron of this place for some time now. However, last month my visit proved to be my last. Rude service, raw food, waiter sprayed window cleaner on tables to left and right of us and had to cover our food and drinks. Sent food back and it came back burnt. Bartender had a very poor attitude. She kept shooting us dirty looks. This was my first time there for lunch.... Perhaps the reason for such gross food and poor service. Dinner has always been decent.

2 Thank Renee V
Windsor, Connecticut
“Casual Yet Classy in Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were here for New Years Eve dinner & being Windsor residents, eat at Union St. Tavern frequently. The menu has an array of meals to choose from - from their HUGE Nacho Platter for an appetizer; awesome Lobster Bisque & French Onion soups to a variety of wraps; to build-your-own burgers to excellent entrees. Depending on the day of the week, they also offer a daily featured $3 draft beer starting at 4 PM & a great Martini menu. Being a converted firehouse/police station, the building has a lot of character & is a great place to meet up with the locals and raise a glass to good times & good friends. ~ A Contented Windsor Couple

• Visited January 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great outdoor dining”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Union Street is a great place for ambiance with friends or a date. Great outdoor seating. Good food. Great staff. A little gem in Windsor.

• Visited October 2013
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Small, but good quality”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went to Union street Tavern for the first time with a group of 5. The negative was that there was a problem seating us. It didn't seem to be especially crowded (no wait at the door) but there was almost no place for us to sit. we ended up at a table tucked in the corner behind the hostess station. There is not much room downstairs for a group larger than 4. There is also upstairs seating, but we were told that was full also. Leaving aside our table location, I was quite happy with the place. Our waitress was very nice and checked on us often. The food was very good. We ordered an appetizer sampler that included several tasty options. we all ordered different entree's and there was not a single complaint, and I can assure you that the guys I was with are not shy about complaining. The building decor, with brick walls, dark wood, and old photos from its former life as a fire station, was great. If I lived in the area I would go there on a regular basis.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Union Street Tavern? Share your experiences!