“Friendly Staff, Clean Accomodations!”

HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Friendly Staff, Clean Accomodations!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We only stay here once/year but our experience is consistent each time. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms couldn't be cleaner! Good breakfast offerings and plenty of places to relax. Only wish we had time to take advantage of the pool and hot tub this trip. Next time for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pasadena,Ca.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just had a two night(second night because of cancelled flight)stay at this property.

If you want a quiet setting you cannot get much quieter than this. Beautiful-but pretty remote. I really loved it because it was just gorgeous at this time of year. I strongly advise renting a car if you are staying at this hotel-the nearby town of Windsor is well worth exploring.

Staff ranged from fantastic (Chris at the front desk and most of the other employees)to folks who should not be working in the hospitality business to folks who should not be employed at all.

Rooms were spotless,public areas were very clean.

Breakfast was very good. Hot foods as well as the regular spread of cold breakfast items. Coffee was wonderfully strong:D Evening spread was very good-and was a great treat when I missed my flight and would not have had any dinner otherwise.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the back have a nice view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed the week of April 13, 2014 for business in the area. Becca from the hotel staff was fantastic and easy to work with in setting up our reservations. The hotel is very nice, in a safe/secure setting, and the rooms are comfortable and well apportioned. The daily breakfast and light dinner during the week were great and helped our team get quick meals in during a very busy workweek. Nice gym and pool. Shuttle service to the airport was great as well.

Will defintely be staying again.

Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Have stayed here multiple times in the past and have to say that this time was the best! Front desk staff very friendly and helpful and the social hour and breakfast food are much improved! Hotel has a patio out back which has 2 grills to use, staff is very helpful in providing grill utensils etc.. Social hour is m-th and instead of just snack type food it can be made into dinner almost every night, which is a great improvement over my experiences in the past here. Rooms are clean and modern, also hyatt has the best mattresses of any major chain, in my opinion. Kitchens with full fridge, microwave and cooktop with all utensils and cookware in the room is very convenient.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor at one of the ends, very quiet and very nice view from the highest point in...
New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our first stay at a Hyatt House. My husband found it surfing online and the price was right for what seemed to be a fairly new hotel with the ammenities we look forward to... free full breakfast, free wifi, free parking and indoor pool. We travel often now because of my son's travel team and we have to make the best of all of these weekends away. We rec'd a complimentary upgrade without requesting it.. They now have a customer for life!!
Emily at the front desk was awesome.. she gave us dining suggestions that were spot on! Every employee smiled and acknowledged us and made us feel very welcome during our entire 3 day stay. Rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable. Pool and gym were extremely clean and well done! The breakfast was great.. waffles, pancake, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bagels, fresh juices.. the coffee and tea are avail all day. In room Kitchen has everything you'll need and there was a washer and dryer on the floor so I could wash his uniform between games. I cannot say enough about this hotel except, I wish there were more of them!! And whoever is responisble for hiring.. great job! The right customer service experience makes my hard earned dollars well spent!... only complaint was there is no sign for the Hotel when you turn onto Corporate Dr.. it was raining and very easy to miss the turn, but once you know where it is, you wont make that mistake again..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

For my 30th birthday, my family in Ohio (39 people) came to the Hyatt House and surprised me with a 2 night stay. Their original plan was to stay at another hotel, but due to a broken pool at that hotel,we ended up at the Hyatt House!

From the initial conversations my sister in law had to organize and reserve a large meeting room, this hotel went above and beyond! They also gave deep discounts on the 10 rooms we needed.

Some perks that meant a lot to our large family with lots of young children were: the complimentary hot breakfast, beautiful pool area, and stellar fitness room. The complimentary WiFi was an asset as well.

In my experience, most similar star-level hotels like to 'nickel and dime' literally everything, especially WiFi and breakfast.

The hotel has a new feel to the decor and fixtures. A huge blessing for our family is that it was extremely clean, so we were comfortable having the little children playing on the floor.

Our family felt very welcome at the Hyatt House Windsor.
Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I just finished a great weekend workshop at the Hyatt House. I was the presenter, and coordinator for the event. The Hyatt House exceeded every expectation I had, as well as the expectations of the people who came to it (from across the country and Canada).

I'll start by going back 4 months to my first call to Becca Mockalis - the Director of Sales for the hotel. She is simply AMAZING. I talked to her about what I wanted in terms of a meeting venue. She assured me that she could see my vision and that Hyatt House would accommodate us. How True!

I toured the hotel with my office assistant who was helping me with all of the details for the weekend workshop. Becca invited us to dinner that night. Although we declined - the meal looked great, and there were a number of people enjoying dinner. (We did agree to the complimentary glass of wine.)

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms / suites are FANTASTIC. My assistant said that she had no idea that this was in our town - and that she'd be sending friends and family here from now on. Each room has a full kitchen - and they will do your grocery shopping for you prior to your arrival. No charge! (of course you pay for the groceries...) EVERY PARTICIPANT in my workshop agreed that their room FAR EXCEEDED every expectation. One said that she was going to try to move an upcoming event that she was a part of - to the Hyatt House from their current venue in Meriden CT.

The meeting space - excellent. We were well taken care of. I had provided a very detailed floor plan for the meeting - and it was EXACTLY the way I had asked when I arrived. I only had to put final touches on to make it superb. They front desk was responsive to my needs (few though there were).

This was a three day workshop, and I wouldn't go anywhere else. I know that the level of service and the hospitality of this hotel are unmatched.

Let me sum it up: MEET HERE. STAY HERE. PERIOD.

Jerry

Room Tip: Want a great value??? Ask about the TWO BEDROOM suite with the common area. Amazing space that can...
1 Thank jerrytravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 11 in Hartford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews

Been to HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor? Share your experiences!