“One of my favorite places!”

Vito's by the Water
Reserve with OpenTable
Vito's by the Water is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Day Hill Road
Transit: Vito's is located on the bus line.
CT
“One of my favorite places!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Vito's by the Water is just all around wonderful!

I work in the area and this is my favorite happy hour spot. The food is good, the bar is excellent (seriously, the best drinks I've ever had), and the service is impeccable. During the summer, they have their tikki bar open outside with live music most nights. They also have a lower porch area for dinning next to the lake. Inside, they have several area: a quick "to go" portion, a banquet hall, and several private rooms, in addition to the restaurant and bar.

I love coming here for a business lunch, to meet family for dinner, or to get some drinks and appetizers with friends. The Day Hill area is definitely lacking upscale dining and Vito's make up for that in a big way.

This past weekend, we had my engagement party there. Vito's took care of everything and the workers there made the night unforgettable. Everything was absolutely perfect. If you are thinking of planning something, ask for Kyle. Seriously! The man works wonders!

• Visited February 2013

Simsbury, Connecticut
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just had a wonderful time at Vito's by the Water. We had a party that went really well. It has a great atmosphere and we've never been disappointed. The bar is well stocked, the staff is friendly and entertaining and the pizza was great. I would definitely recommend it either for a nice romantic night out or a great place to host a party.

• Visited February 2013
Windsor, Connecticut, United States
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The establishment is very nice and the food is o.k. You can have dinner or plan an event here. It's not a bad place for your company to have their parties with plenty of seating and a nice setting.

Somers, Connecticut, United States
“Great food in charming atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I have now been to Vito's on the Water twice in the past month. The location is central for meeting others and I know I can count on the Vito name to provide a great meal at a reasonable price.

1 Thank Eileen B
Graniteville, South Carolina
“Scotch and Game Great Together”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just attended Vito's Scoth and Game dinner with a couple of friends. It was just wonderful. The pairings were great and the food was fantastic. Not being a big Scotch drinker I was a little cautious but went along with a Scotch drinker friend and I am hooked. The explanations of the Scotches and their histories made the evening very enjoyable. And the food plating in front of us and the presentation was a wonderful idea - much better than just brining it our on a tray. And I can't leave without mentioning the wait staff. They were funny and engaging and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Overall wonderful time. I look forward the doing this monthly (or as often as offered). February is a wine dinner and my wife and I will certainly be there. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

• Visited January 2013