“disgusting hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
Maine
“disgusting hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

window fell out on the first floor, front desk didn't give a damn that the window was not secure. shower not clean, artwork missing, hard beds, no blanket on bed just sheet and dirty comforter. fridge not plugged in, just bar soap no other complimentary shampoo or anything, room smelled. clearly needs to be torn down and fire all the workers as they do not care about service, the same person who checked us in at night was there the next morning to check us out! they didn't care that we were not happy with our rooms, we had reservations for 2 rooms queen beds and thats not what we got.rugs really filthy and shredded as you enter room and by the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dorm2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philly, PA
Reviewed March 4, 2009

slept fully clothed it was so gross. so did my husband. the sheets had hair in them. they had clearly not been changed. the ice bucket was full of cigarette burns, had clearly been used many times as an ashtray. room stank. there were cig butts on the floor. neither of us showered it was so DISGUSTING. we were on first floor and the lock on the window was broken--very unsafe at a roadside truck stop! why did we stay? we got stuck late at night on a long drive and thought we would fall asleep at the wheel and this place was there. Don't do it! Sleep in your car! Find somewhere, ANYWHERE, else!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelgrrl0896

Travelers are raving about these Willington hotels

ct
Reviewed January 30, 2009

we stay here at rodeway inn willington.very nice motel right on the hwy,staff are very pleasent .my car was broke down staff help me lot.room was nice and clean i will stay again

• Liked — great accomodation
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband and I were on our honeymoon (on our way to New York)...it was getting late and I was getting grumpy and tired. The Rodeway Inn was near by according to our gps. So without any reviewing we booked our room. It took a dozen times before the key worked (this was the first sign of how our night was going to be). It smelt odd when we walked in but I decided I could ignore that. But then the shower was filthy! Definitely had not been cleaned! When I got out I didnt feel much cleaner (not to mention the only thing supplied...a bar of soap...what happened to shampoo?) I inspected the towel and found bodily hair-GROSS!!!! I climbed into bed and found more bodily hair and even a booger on my pillow case. Needless to say I made my husband get our sleeping bags out of the trunk of our car! Much cleaner!I was happy to pack up in the morning to leave! The icing on the cake was checking out...with the absolute rudest man behind the counter. It was honestly unbelieveable...

• Liked — I did get to sleep.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KPandJP
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2008

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.
The staff is completely rude and untrustworthy.
The rooms are dirty.
The bathroom was not cleaned before we got there, when we told the staff (staff in this hotel is one person) he handed us windex and paper towels (and a plunger.)
Don't stay here unless you are a trucker and even then I would think twice.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
MA
Reviewed August 9, 2008

This hotel is in horrible shape! Leaking air conditioners, broken elevator, poorly groomed grounds, broken light switches, toilet paper holders, soot on walls, pool closed for more than 2 years. Please do not waste your money on this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed here in June for a couple of nights. We asked for a non-smoking room, one queen bed. I also called the same morning that we were going to check in to remind them we were going to be late and the conditions we would like for our reservation. Apparently there was no problem.
We got there and our room had 2 beds and smelt bad. We went to the front desk and we met this "funny" person who treated us in a very disrespectful way. he told us we were crazy and bad people!He also made fun about my requirement of one bed. We ere trying to get another bedroom but we just found more problems. The worst was that he was the geneal manager. What else can you ask for????
The beds were dirty, bed bugs, sheets full of hairs, the carpet didn't seem to be cleaned since a long time ago.
The best was the shower!
The breakfast...I can tell you I am not a gourmet person and that was inacceptable!
The hotel is dirty, they do not take care of anything.
If you have any other choice, please, do not stay here. It is cheap but you feel so bad, that you just want to come back home.
pay a little bit more and stay in, at least, a clean place.
Thank you.

• Liked — Nothing, I'm sorry
  • Disliked — terrible experience, that's all I can say
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
#4 of 14 in Sturbridge
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!