“Okay place to stay near the Interstate. Not much more.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is good for what it is...part of a truck stop on I-84 through north-central Connecticut. Staff wasn't rude, but didn't give us much attention at check in/out. I couldn't say the room was clean, with stains in the shower and old thin sheets on uncomfortable mattresses. Walls are thin and noise from people in the hallway and out near the gas pumps woke us up a few times during the night. It was the only hotel we could find between Vernon, CT, and Sturbridge, MA, and an okay place to spend the night and move on.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a place to stay close to UCONN, go to the Best Western near Willimantic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank anphokies
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My family was scheduled to stay at this hotel this past weekend, but due to the power outages in CT, we had to cancel. The woman on the phone was of Indian descent and said to me that I have to cancel on line. After explaining to her that I did not have internet access that particular day and is there any way she could possibly take down my name and number and cancel the reservation for me when she had a minute, she told me: "You no cancel on line, we charge you." AND she hung up on me! After calling back and explaining it was most important to try to get this reservation cancelled without internet access that particular day, she responded: "Oh, My God, what don't you understand?" She said, "I have a customer, I don't have time for this," AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME AGAIN. I WILL NEVER stay at this hotel. We have a lot of family and friends and the word will get out that we were treated so poorly and in an unprofessional manner even before we stayed there! I am also calling the Better Business Bureau. That facility should not be in business, especially after reading the reviews that there are bugs in the room, the hotel smells, and other guests agree that the management treats their guests poorly. That is an absolute disgrace!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank amb213
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Dirty soap on the sink, hair in the sink, garbage not emptied, one towel in the room, hair in the BED!!!! Non'smoking room stunk of smoke and mildew. Complained to the front desk, he handed me a set of sheets and told me I could change the bed. Checked in very late and didn't know the area, so had to change the sheets in order to try to sleep. Went to the front desk in the morning to ask that they clean the room, the RUDE woman at the desk said the room was clean and she could prove it and that there was more than one towel. She said I had two dogs and she could prove it (they slept in the car) and charged $40.00. RUN DON"T WALK FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank SMG416
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel is FILTHY. It HAS BED BUGS. Our sheets had body hair & sweat stains on the pillows. The shower had mold like I've never seen. We immediately went to front desk. No one speaks clear English and the guy was wearing a dirty shirt. They are rude & unprofessional. Refused to give us a refund. Said we have to speak to the manager. Manager will never answer phone calls. Front desk woman hung up on me. RUN. Sleep in your car if you have to, go to a homeless shelter, buy a tent, DO NOT GO HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT DEEPLY.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank kimorus
Reviewed November 26, 2010

it was my best stay very clean room clean sheets with reasonable price excellant location only prob i see when i check in my bath room light blinking when i called at front desk they fixed right a away very nice i will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gcbytk9
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We misakably ended up at wrong hotel and was so tired we booked in. Its filthy there was old snot on the bathroom door, which was filthy and had old pee sprayed on it. Mold was in the ice bucket, holes in the bedspread. The hotel smells and there was a condom (still in package) left in our room. My head still itches, Im not sure if there was lice there but dont stay here. I was told on the phone 67 a nite when we got there it was 86 a nite. Run by Indians that dont speak good English. I complained and couldnt get any money back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank wesburgrott
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I saw this hotel when I was filling up at the gas station across from it. The outside looked OK, inside was a little old but OK. The owners/managers are Indian (like many small hotels these days) and walk-in rate was reasonable (just $60 with tax) and included breakfast (juice, coffee/tea, bread with jam, corn flakes with milk).
The room was average in cleanliness and size. Bathroom was update and had a full-size bathtub (not a tight cubicle). The sink was outside of the bathroom and had a big mirror. The room came with alarm clock, cable TV, mini-fridge and iron+ironing board (which I didn't use). It was quiet in the room, and I had a night of rest. Vending machine was right outside my room and well-stocked.
All in all, it was OK for a night's stay for the traveller considering the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank EvanL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#13 of 14 in Sturbridge
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Red Roof Inn Vernon - Hartford

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!