“Great music and great food and great friends.”
Review of Fred's Brick House Cafe - CLOSED

Fred's Brick House Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Willimantic
“Great music and great food and great friends.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went there Friday night because we liked the band that was playing. Unfortunately, there were no seats since we had not made reservations. However, just standing there dancing and listening to the music with my friends was great. I've eaten there before and love the food. It can get loud, though!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Margaret D

Coventry, Connecticut
“Love the pizza!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I love the gorgonzola salad but it's huge so plan on splitting one if you're getting anything else - like pizza! They have a brick oven which you can see as you walk in. I've only had thin crust pizza there as I don't like thick crust, so I don't remember if they do a thick crust. The atmosphere is a bit cafeteria like with all the tables in a big open room and some booths around the sides. They have live music sometimes which can be loud & makes talking difficult. I've never been there when it was really crowded but I imagine it would be very loud then. The wait staff seem to be mostly high-school and college students and are always very friendly & helpful.

• Visited August 2012
Woodstock, Connecticut
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went to Fred's for the first time last night and I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is homey with red checkered cloths and wooden tables. When you first enter you see the wood fired oven and you know you are in for something good. My daughter and I both had the Brave Heart sandwich which was very good. We also sampled both the regular fries as well as the garlic fries (my favorite). The breads are all fresh baked there and the ingredients are all fresh. If you are looking for a home cooked, comfort food meal without cooking, this is the place to go.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Traciebeth
Willimantic, Connecticut
“Worthwhile casual dining experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have been going to Freds ever since they opened. The sandwiches and pizza are not what you typically find. Thin crust pies with unique names and fresh ingredients. The sandwiches are reasonably priced, with interesting ingredient combinations and deliciously large....two hands are needed. They have several types of chicken wings, different dry rubs and traditional sauces. Also, try their garlic fries and simple salads (especially with ther homemade garlic dressing)...both delicious! Yes, sometimes service is slow and the dining room can be very noisy with live music, families and college students...but that is part of the Freds experience. The pizza is definitely better when you eat-in rather then take-out. There is nothing keeping the hot foods warm while waiting for pick-up and their pizza is better when first made, hot out of the oven. Also, they sometimes mess up the order. However, if you are inconvenienced by this, let them know and they'll usually give you a future credit or remake the pizza free.

• Visited July 2012
northeastern ct
“WHY did it take (us) so long?!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been in CT for a while now and have found a lacking in good but laid-back restaurants in our Quiet Corner of Connecticut. When I go out to eat I usually do not eat pizza so have thus avoided Fred's Brick House Cafe. How wrong I was!!
We recently went for a late lunch. The place was quiet on a Sunday afternoon and we had the waitress pretty much to ourselves. The decor is....eclectic? Not a place to go for a romantic first date. (Yet fun in it's on way.)
We had three different sandwiches from their menu. Each and every one was de-li-cious. We had the VEGGIE-NATOR (tomato, onion, peppers, black olives, mushrooms, greens, and feta (balsamic or chutney) KATHY'S CHOICE(BLT- onion, and provolone and mayo) and the FRUEBEN (Pastrami, caramelized onion, tomato, colby-jack and Russian dressing).
These sandwiches are served on 1/4 flatbread for 6.99 or 1/2 for 9.99. We got the 1/4 size and can't imagine eating more than those.

Now when we have a hankering to grab a bite out- Fred's is our new "go to" spot. We already have plans to bring family there for food- drinks and live music later this month.
(I can't wait!!)