“Awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wethersfield
Silas W. Robbins House
Ranked #1 of 4 Wethersfield B&B and Inns
Fort lauderdale
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the inn with another couple that we were traveling with. We felt like we stepped into the lap of luxury. Since we were the only guests, they upgraded our rooms at no additional charge. The house was so stately and elegant. Shireen did an outstanding job decorating the Victorian home and John gave us a tour of some of their private rooms. We loved learning about the history of the house and the renovations. The breakfast was plentiful and the hospitality was beyond expectations. We needed directions into NY City and Shireen called her brother to help us out. We truely had a fantastic stay!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
hartford, ct
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Silas Robbins house as just an overnight getaway from the kids. We actually only live 10 minutes away. What a fantastic experience! The owners were so accomodating and we felt right at home immediately. They didn't mind that we poked our heads into some of the rooms just to look at the restoration of the place and how nicely decorated it is. Even though they are probably tired of all the questions people ask about the restoration, they didn't seem to mind all of our inquires about this and that.

The entire place is gorgeous - the grounds are well-maintained and nice for a stroll and there are plenty of places to just sit and reflect. We spend at least 2 hours just sitting on one of the porches staring off into space. The setting is just very relaxing overall. We stayed in the Jane Robbins room - a very comfortable, relaxing room made up of blues and whites. The place was spotless and we had everything we needed. The bathroom was large and we were easily able to both get ready in the morning. There was a huge shower and tub for a nice soak if one wants to.

Breakfast was well-done and very nice. We had a huge cup of fruit and two huge pieces of french toast with bacon and sausage. I usually don't eat much in the morning, but I left stuffed after that meal! We could have choosen to eat out on the porch, but it was very hot so we opted to sit in the breakfast room instead and admire the room and all the decor. Overall a wonderful experience. We plan to go back in a few months for another getaway and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Silas Robbins B&B in a word is 'perfection'! From the moment you enter this elaborate home, you are impressed with the fine furnishings and attention to detail that the owners have provided. We arrived on a very hot July day, but you would never have known it as the central air throughout was wonderfully cool. We were graciously greeted and ecorted to the most beautiful suite! The bath room was designed with luxury in mind. The robes and linens were sumptuous and the bedding was crisp and fresh. Every possible desire was met before you could even think of it. Breakfast was a culinary delight...from the generous fresh fruit cup to the perfect bacon, sausage links, eggs and freshly baked warm berry muffins. The hosts were congenial and attentive but not intrusive. We were in CT to help our son move and were very tired. What a pleasure it was to have such unexpected splendor to revive our bodies and minds!!! It was the most perfect visit I've ever enjoyed and I will return...again and again and again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

we had a romantic evening and the surrounding town was charming. The Bed and Breakfast was breathe taking from the inside out. the Inn keepers we caring and helpful in every way. Just remember when putting in the GPS that the city is Wethersfield and not Hartford. If you get lost call the Inn they will help you find your way. I can not wait to return for another romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Sorry there is not a pool but the shower is awesome
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hohokus, NJ
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a comfortable place to spend an evening away from the 4 kids and take in the Dave Matthews concert nearby. I happened upon the Silas Robbins after reviewing options on tripavdisor. While I've had mixed luck using trip advisor in the past, our experience this past weekend exceeded any of the fantastic reviews given to the innkeepers, John & Shireen Aforismo. They are both warm and attentive. The breakfast on the porch was perfect. The room and grounds immaculate. The area is tranquil and true New England. I have been raving about the Silas Robbins House to anyone who listens!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Silas W. Robbins House in early March. We enjoy bed & breakfasts and this is one of the nicest at which we have ever stayed. Shireen and John are lovely hosts and serve a scrumptious breakfast. As we were the only guests in the house, they upgraded us to the nicest room at no additional charge, something which not all b&bs do. We got a tour of the house and one does not want to miss the before and after photos in an album in the front parlor which show exactly how much Shireen and John had to put into the house to restore it to its former grandeur and then some. Next time my wife and I are in the Hartford area, we will again stay at the Silas W. Robbins House.

Room Tip: The Cupids and Roses Room where we ended up staying was a lovely, spacious, and comfortable room, wi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My home is contemporary and I consider myself an experienced domestic traveler. So why would I choose a B&B over the hotels and boutique hotels? Because, I had heard other friends of mine tell me how great the Silas W. Robbins House was and I just had to try it. So I pull down Broad St, not really knowing what to expect but find myself approaching the most memorable stay I have ever experienced. The B&B is newly renovated but carries a charm of days past. I walked in the front doors and I the journey was magical. The decor and colors and materials chosen are exquisite. A true masterpiece of design, architecture, and ambiance.

I was on a business trip but I forgot all about my client, and agendas as I snuggled into a queen bed and experienced the comfort of elegant surroundings. I smiled and sent pictures to my friends and family of my room to share in the delight of such a special place! The bathroom was updated as well. Again inviting and warm. I had the option of a a luxurious bath or a "rain shower" shower. I opted for the shower which was perfect. I then had breakfast prepared by the innkeeper, Shireen Aforismo which was so delicious that I almost forgot about my appointment and new clients on my agenda. You have to try this B&B I promise you that your stay will be enchanting. Thank you John and Shireen for a magical stay! Sincerely, Lisa Garofoli

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wethersfield
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
#3 of 5 in Rocky Hill

Been to Silas W. Robbins House? Share your experiences!