“Beautifully Restored B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silas W. Robbins House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wethersfield
Silas W. Robbins House
Ranked #1 of 4 Wethersfield B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Beautifully Restored B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Silas W. Robbins House in early March. We enjoy bed & breakfasts and this is one of the nicest at which we have ever stayed. Shireen and John are lovely hosts and serve a scrumptious breakfast. As we were the only guests in the house, they upgraded us to the nicest room at no additional charge, something which not all b&bs do. We got a tour of the house and one does not want to miss the before and after photos in an album in the front parlor which show exactly how much Shireen and John had to put into the house to restore it to its former grandeur and then some. Next time my wife and I are in the Hartford area, we will again stay at the Silas W. Robbins House.

Room Tip: The Cupids and Roses Room where we ended up staying was a lovely, spacious, and comfortable room, wi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

My home is contemporary and I consider myself an experienced domestic traveler. So why would I choose a B&B over the hotels and boutique hotels? Because, I had heard other friends of mine tell me how great the Silas W. Robbins House was and I just had to try it. So I pull down Broad St, not really knowing what to expect but find myself approaching the most memorable stay I have ever experienced. The B&B is newly renovated but carries a charm of days past. I walked in the front doors and I the journey was magical. The decor and colors and materials chosen are exquisite. A true masterpiece of design, architecture, and ambiance.

I was on a business trip but I forgot all about my client, and agendas as I snuggled into a queen bed and experienced the comfort of elegant surroundings. I smiled and sent pictures to my friends and family of my room to share in the delight of such a special place! The bathroom was updated as well. Again inviting and warm. I had the option of a a luxurious bath or a "rain shower" shower. I opted for the shower which was perfect. I then had breakfast prepared by the innkeeper, Shireen Aforismo which was so delicious that I almost forgot about my appointment and new clients on my agenda. You have to try this B&B I promise you that your stay will be enchanting. Thank you John and Shireen for a magical stay! Sincerely, Lisa Garofoli

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Even though our trip was last September, I vowed that I would write a review of the Silas Robbins House which was the very most charming place we stayed on our 18 day New England tour. The house and setting are gorgeous, the breakfast out on the front "porch" was not only so beautiful it required photographs but also delicious and John and Shireen were just what you hope for as hosts of a bed and breakfast. It was right after Hurricane Irene and we were the only guests that night and they gave us our choice of any room in the house.

We have raved about the Robbins house and shown photos to our friends ever since.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was in town to work with Hartford Schools and wanted to find a B&B rather than a downtown hotel. I was so pleased with this amazingly gorgeous home! It was very clean, stately, and comfortable. The details they have put into the restoration are amazing. I walked around wide eyed at the beauty. It was very convenient to drive into Hartford and gave me the charm of being in the Northeast rather than staying at a hotel I can stay in anywhere in the US. Great place!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Fairfield, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We actually live in Connecticut but we were going to the Hartford Plant and Garden Show and thought we would find some place fun and interesting to stay. We drove up to Wethersfield on a friday night and stayed at the Silas W. Robbins house. What a wonderful place! It is a beautiful restored victorian home. The owners have spared no expense and have unbelievable attention to detail. The fixtures, artwork, wall hangings...all beautiful.

We were able to walk to dinner at Lucky Lou's in the town center.

Service was friendly and helpful. The owners loaned us an umbrella for our walk into town which was nice. Breakfast was wonderful and we were 15 minutes from downtown Hartford. I would recommend this to anyone traveling in the Hartford area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We traveled through New England for two weeks this summer, staying at a variety of Bed and Breakfasts and Country Inns, and the Silas B. Robbins House was the best of all. The breakfast is excellent, the accomodations superb, and the hosts gracious and welcoming. If you are withn a hundred miles of the Wethersfield-Hartford area, you owe it to yourself to stay here. We live in Texas, and we're trying to find a way to get back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

How BEAUTIFUL!!! This place is what a B&B should be, and I’ve stayed in many. The owners should be given some sort of award for restoring this glorious old house to its present condition. Every detail is perfect. We only stayed overnight, but I wanted to spend more time just to walk around the house, the porch, and the gardens to take it all in. I took photos, but they simply cannot do the house justice. You have to be there to experience it for yourself, especially when you see the “before” photos of this grand mansion in shambles. The owners virtually resurrected it from the ashes and saved this precious piece of history for others to enjoy. Thank you John and Shireen for your labor of love, and for being such gracious hosts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gitoutngo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wethersfield
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
The Connecticut River Valley Inn

Been to Silas W. Robbins House? Share your experiences!