Silas W. Robbins House
$99
$160
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbed and breakfastnew englandbreakfast was deliciousyou will not be disappointedthe main streettown greenwithin walking distancevisiting the areastunning propertyrestoration processhomemade blueberry pancakesup to datedowntown hartfordan amazing placevictorian styleover the topice cream store
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was in town to work with Hartford Schools and wanted to find a B&B rather than a downtown hotel. I was so pleased with this amazingly gorgeous home! It was very clean, stately, and comfortable. The details they have put into the restoration are amazing. I walked around wide eyed at the beauty. It was very convenient to drive into Hartford and gave me the charm of being in the Northeast rather than staying at a hotel I can stay in anywhere in the US. Great place!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We actually live in Connecticut but we were going to the Hartford Plant and Garden Show and thought we would find some place fun and interesting to stay. We drove up to Wethersfield on a friday night and stayed at the Silas W. Robbins house. What a wonderful place! It is a beautiful restored victorian home. The owners have spared no expense and have unbelievable attention to detail. The fixtures, artwork, wall hangings...all beautiful.

We were able to walk to dinner at Lucky Lou's in the town center.

Service was friendly and helpful. The owners loaned us an umbrella for our walk into town which was nice. Breakfast was wonderful and we were 15 minutes from downtown Hartford. I would recommend this to anyone traveling in the Hartford area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We traveled through New England for two weeks this summer, staying at a variety of Bed and Breakfasts and Country Inns, and the Silas B. Robbins House was the best of all. The breakfast is excellent, the accomodations superb, and the hosts gracious and welcoming. If you are withn a hundred miles of the Wethersfield-Hartford area, you owe it to yourself to stay here. We live in Texas, and we're trying to find a way to get back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

How BEAUTIFUL!!! This place is what a B&B should be, and I’ve stayed in many. The owners should be given some sort of award for restoring this glorious old house to its present condition. Every detail is perfect. We only stayed overnight, but I wanted to spend more time just to walk around the house, the porch, and the gardens to take it all in. I took photos, but they simply cannot do the house justice. You have to be there to experience it for yourself, especially when you see the “before” photos of this grand mansion in shambles. The owners virtually resurrected it from the ashes and saved this precious piece of history for others to enjoy. Thank you John and Shireen for your labor of love, and for being such gracious hosts.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gitoutngo
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I were married in Connecticut earlier this year and spent our wedding night at the Silas W. Robbins House. We booked the Cupids and Roses Room, which was beautiful--spacious, clean and comfortable. The room had several large windows overlooking the town green, letting in lots of natural light. The bathroom was quite small (not really enough room for two adults to get ready) and without a bathtub. However, the double shower, multiple shower heads and fabulous soaps/shampoos helped to make up for this.

The hotel has been carefully restored with attention to detail. The property is lovely, located in an historic district, surrounded by other restored homes. Plenty of secure parking and a secure keyless entry for late arrivals. The owner was very accommodating, allowing my husband to drop-off our luggage during the day, before our wedding ceremony.

The only thing keeping this from a five-star review is the breakfast the next morning. We awoke (the morning after our wedding) around 10am and found that breakfast had been put away. We were instead offered cut fruit in a paper cup. While we had missed the breakfast service, I would have expected that knowing it was our honeymoon, the owners could have been a little more flexible. For $325/night I expected a higher degree of service for the small details.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple