“Easter disaster”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stay FAR away from this restaurant, unless you are a sadist and want to suffer the same treatment that my family did today (Easter Sunday 4-24-11).

The event (a holiday brunch) was poorly planned... I have dined at Elaine's for years but never suffered this nonsense- so many tables in the banquet room, we literally had no way to get to our seats! I had to request that the tables be pulled apart a little so that we could sit down... But, that was the EASY part!

When the brunch 'started', suddenly there was a line 150-175 people long!! No, I'm NOT kidding! I had NO idea that this was to be the setup... In previous Easters, they were sane enough to realize the impossibility of that, and had a brunch on one side and an a la carte menu on the other. I don't think that was such a problem, altho I never experienced it- I participated in the a la carte service...

Bottom line- NO provisions were made for handicapped people. My dad is elderly and can't stand in a line 45 minutes long to get his food, but in my opinion, NOONE else should have to either! As my party was separated - some went to wait in the long line, while I stayed with the parents, trying to negotiate something with the staff to help my dad get some food, I got more and more ticked- we were being treated like cattle, and they apologized (the wait staff knew and admitted that it was a total mess), but did NOTHING top accommodate us... The other family members resorted to balancing extra plates on their already full arms, guessing at the types of food my parents would like to eat, and cheating themselves in the process.

Finally, I got some food, after about an hour of waiting, and was so upset that I couldn't eat- I had already spoken to the manager to no avail, and asked the waitress to remove my meal from the bill... This was NOT done. My dad was so far behind everyone at this point, he asked for a container but was denied even that!!

Honestly, there is more, but I think you get the idea... Profit seems to be Elaine's ONLY motive- I've known the original owner for years- a very nice man, but his son is now in charge, and the place has gone to the dogs... Stay away!! Far, far away!

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I had the veal saltimbocca. The veal and sauce were ok - salty but you could at least tell you were eating veal but the sheen of grease on the dish was, well, grease. The side pasta tasted like it was from a box with sauce that was so sweet it could have been from a jar. The bread tasted ok but was cold. The spinach hidden under the meat was probably the best part of the meal - it was by far the freshest tasting item. The dinner salad was maybe a cup of iceberg and romaine mixed - three red onion circles and one tiny cherry tomato with croutons - about as sad as you can get.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

When my family and I arrived to the restaurant, the guy at the front desk , didnt even greet us. We were seated, then had to wait at least 15 minutes to be waited on. Then the waitress finally came without even saying " Hi, my name is.."she just asked for our drink orders. When I finally recieved my food, I asked for a WELLDONE burger, and instead it was very pink in the inside like it was medium rare. The service wasn't very good. Plus the woman who waited on us, was sick. Not even once during our meal did our waitress come over and ask us how we were doing we had to ask another waitress for anything we needed. Then upon leaving the restaurant their was only one person stating for us to have a good night while the others looked down at us. I would not recommend anyone of my friends or family to go there especially if this is their ideal of customer service.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Ate there last night after getting a coupon. Food is unimaginative and fairly bland. Not bad mind you, just no real taste at all. Bread was tasteless, salad was okay. Salmon was a bit dry and overcooked, my chicken meal was okay. There were no leftovers. All together it is not a bad place and I expected the food to be bland as it had a lot of mature people in it (that's not a slam, it's an observation I made years ago that seems to be very true).

Reviewed March 20, 2010

went there for first and last time
Had the clam chowder that had no taste to it,it looked like starch had been added to fluff it up. My wife had a salad that had no pizzaz or tasste

Calamari was all bread and cold. I had the salmon special that was un eatable. I had a couple of bites and left rest there. It was cold/tasteless. the potatoes looked like they were made from instant potatoes.

my wifes chicken was poor, and the pasta had a sauce that tasted like it was just thrown in from a can.

Waitress never bought drink, and still put in on the bill