“Damn Shame!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Wethersfield B&B and Inns
connecticut
“Damn Shame!”
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This place is the worst it reminds you of the movie vacancy! Its just plain scary and what I mean is half of the hotel is abandoned with wooden boards and caution tape. We couldnt get any sleep and the beds had cigarette holes and the room smelled like sex and smoke it was the worst experience. We ended up staying the next night at motel 6 on silas dean hwy (one street over) for 20 dollars less and way better service!
Good Luck!

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank magvioletta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Connecticut
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I would be ashamed to call this place a hotel, motel, or inn. I should have turned around when I entered the lobby, which smelled of curry and there was a family walking around the lobby in and out of the office, but I decided to give it a try, as the room was decently priced. Well, the joke was on me. The room I was given was not clean; bedspread stained, sheets with holes in them, shower with hair in it, room smelled of musty mold, rust stains on the bathroom floor, and the paint job in the bathroom looked like it was painted by a 5 year old. I called the agency that I booked the room through and requested a refund. I stayed in the room one hour. The agency called the hotel before I could check out. The management was rude and sarcastic to me telling me that the room smelled because I requested a smoking room. The manager had nothing to say when I told him what the other issues were with the room. Manager did offer me another room, and I politely and with absolute certainity declined. On my way back to my vehicle after this whole ordeal, there was a redneck drinking party outside one of the rooms on the first floor complete with folding chairs and a case of beer. What kind of establishment allows this to occur? I got in my car and quickly drove to my new hotel. This place is great for people who dont care about cleanliness or loud rednecks drinking beer by your room. May the buyer beware!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank singer216

Travelers are raving about these Wethersfield hotels

connecticut
Reviewed August 1, 2007

This hotel is not for Travelers! Mostly every one I saw, LIVED there. When you first enter the room it smells of Smoke and Pine Sol. The towels and washcloths were very dingy! Behind the curtains in the Bathroom smells of urine and there were spider webs in the ceiling. The toilet paper was soaked and wet. There were rust stains in the bottom of the toilet as well. The bed did not have a fitted sheet. It had a flat sheet on the bottom and the top mattress was bigger than the box spring. The Lobby was better than the rooms. When I called the front desk that night for some assistance, they picked up the phone and hung up!!! I called twice just to see if they made a mistake. They didn't. It was done on purpose. Very Rude!! They have no ICE MACHINE. They also call your room and tell you when check out time is. They harassed me to get out. As I was by the bed, I stepped on a piece of broken glass, which seemed to be of a broken ashtray. It seems that the owners wife and son are the MAIDS. I watched them clean a room and it took them about 3 minutes. Totally Ridiculous. So I do not recommend anyone to stay here. The owner needs a course in PUBLIC RELATIONS!! IT DOESN’T MATTER IF A HOTEL IS 1 OR 5 STAR. THEY ALL SHOULD BE KEPT NICE AND CLEAN. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO GO IN A ROOM AND HAVE THE FEEL OF NOT WANTING TO TOUCH ANYTHING.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank satisfy69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wethersfield
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!