“wonderful fun bar and grill”

Lucky Lou's Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Greek
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern American cuisine..All fish served wild caught, never frozen.. All beef products grass fed . ( Piedmontese beef line from Nebraska.. All vegetable hand sourced from Exec chef Lucas Kyriakos..
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“wonderful fun bar and grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

outside seating is terrific, entertainment, and great food.
Loved the sliders/ lobster. Wonderful service

Visited October 2012

New London, Connecticut
“Fun spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a late lunch there on a Sunday afternoon. Soup and salads were
good. Thought the artichoke appetizer was a bit pricey at $12.00.
Nice spot in a historic colonial home in Old Wethersfield. Will definite
go back for dinner!

• Visited October 2012
Wethersfield, CT
“Does not honor reservations and understaffed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have dined at Lucky Lou's many times. The food is consistently good, and it's located in a nice old colonial house in a picturesque and historic part of town. My sister and her family were visiting from out of town yesterday and a reservation for the 6 of us was made 5 days in advance. Upon arrival, they did not have a table for us. This is because they had booked a private party for the entire upstairs, which made far fewer tables available for the general public. I believe Lucky Lou's should have told us about this before accepting our reservation, or should have simply declined the reservation when we made it. No big deal...we would have made a reservation elsewhere. They did, however, offer to seat us outdoors. Against our better judgement, we decided to do this instead of taking our chances finding a table for 6 elsewhere on a Saturday night. While it was cool outdoors, it was a nice fall evening. However, the restaurant was understaffed with only THREE servers working the entire restaurant on a busy Saturday night. It took 2 hours to get our dinners. Since I worked my way through college at restaurants, as both a waiter and bartender, I know that it doesn't have to be this way at ANY restaurant. And because of my past experience, I always leave at least 20% tip for the server. But there's always a first time for everything and it pains me to say that I left less than 20% last night. While it's not the server's fault the restaurant was understaffed, I believe she could have been straightforward with us and let us know of the problem before seating us. This, combined with not honoring our reservation, contributed to the lowered gratuity. Perhaps the message will be transmitted to management that there is a difference between operating efficiently with staff and outright greed at the expense of your staff and customers. A very similar situation happened to us previously at Lucky Lou's and I figured at that time that it was just a fluke, but now it's clear that it's a pattern. The lesson I've learned is that if you are going to make a reservation at Lucky Lou's, be sure to make a reservation at another area restaurant for 30 minutes later, that way you're covered if Lucky Lou's has overbooked or has understaffed.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank mmvoicever
“Great atmosphere! Fun and yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Food is delicious and beer choices are plentiful and crafty. Live music on the patio in lovely Old Wethersfield makes this such a fun place to relax on a Friday night with your friends.

Manchester, Connecticut
“No cheese in the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I dined at Lucky Lou's a year ago and fell in love with the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese, the paintings on the wall on the second floor, and the live jazz playing in the late afternoon. I returned last week with guests, specifically for the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese and it was an incredible disappointment. The pasta was swimming in butter and every bite was, first and last, greasy. It tasted mostly like butter fat, but I can't be sure since the dish was so changed. There was no cheese to be found or tasted. Moderate amount of lobster.

I will say the lobster sliders were excellent. The shame is, they skimp on the amount of lobster in the sliders. I've only lived in New England for two years now and everywhere I eat lobster, whether it be CT, RI, MA, or Maine, they always pile it on. I haven't felt like I've been lucky because it's so consistent. New England has great lobster and they're proud of it! They scoop it on in a decently giant pile to give you what you came for. Last year, the same was true at Lucky Lou's. Not this year. The skimpy portion between the tiny buns made me leave not wanting to come back. Not to mention the whole can of mandarin oranges dumped in the overdressed arugula salad.

If you want to try it, drop in for lunch as prices really jump at the 2:30 p.m. lunch cut-off time. I lived in San Diego for years and I'm used to dinner prices kicking in about 4 p.m., so 2:30 seemed quite early for lunch to be over in summer tourist season.

• Visited June 2012