“Semi-decent experience.”

Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wethersfield
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Greet staff seemed unhappy to be there. The breakfast items were empty and the woman was extremely slow and unhappy to refill. The room was clean and comfortable. The last straw was when we to get breakfast, they checked us out and we to get new keys to back into the room. Really a dumb move. :( It seems sad that folks who work in the people industry are not people people.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 7JNJ
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stood three nights in this particular comfort inn. At check in, there was a lady checking me and my fiancee in and she was flirting with him in front of me and even called him a racist name he is Puerto Rican. She said he was a Milano man. Then we go upstairs and the cleaning lady stopped what she was doing and stared at us talking crap so I asked was something wrong and she just ran off. The second night I stood I used a hotel coupon to save money and when I went to check in another older woman checked me in and she looked at my coupon and said she didn't know what to do. Without my coupon i would have payed $ 121.00 a night. With my roomsaver coupon I paid $79.35 . Yes that's with tax included. I have money but if I can save to enjoy myself I say why not. The second night we had to switch rooms because it was already reserved.. The water pressure of that rooms shower was like someone peeing on you. I wish I was kidding the shower filled up with standing water. There was a musty smell in the room but I brought my Lysol. The third night was very uncomfortable at checkin I stood waiting to check in while the cleaning and maintenance crew were gossiping about co workers I waited ten minutes before the check in lady even noticed me there. I get switched out of the room I stood at for the first two nights. The lady at checkin frowned at me using my coupon to save money. I got my room and two hours after my fiancée and I settled in there was a hard knock on our door and this very rude nasty man told us and insinuated that we set off an silent fire alarm because we were smoking. And stood there arguing with my fiancée for 20 minutes. Neither one of us smoke. We were in a non smoking room. When the guy left finally we had to call the same checkin lady who had an attitude with us from the start we were told we couldn't smoke in the room and that the alarm triggered. Ok that is not our problem. The staff were more interested in staring and making you feel uncomfortable. The cleaning ladies didn't even ask if we needed room service for towels or anything I called the front desk to get clean towels and the night shift told me the cleaning ladies are the only ones allowed to give them only at 11:00 am. Very uncomfortable stay rude staff. Would I stay here again? If there was nothing else available maybe. Oh and before I forget there was a spilled mess in the refrigerator I had to clean.

Michelle S.

Room Tip: Use a coupon so you can get a good deal the price obscene for an out dated hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank michelle19350
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Arriving at the Comfort Inn in Wethersfield was ease access from highway 91. Located just outside of Hartford and close to the airport, this hotel is also listed in some of the highway travel magazines as a “day of” discount stay. We selected this hotel for location due to a family emergency an indoor pool and free buffet breakfast included.
Upon arrival, the small lobby is accessible from either side of the building. Parking (free) is not well identified and the front lot is shared with a Red lobster restaurant. There is a small sign at the desk indicating, “Please excuse our appearance during renovations”. Assigned a room on the third floor we made our way to the elevator. The elevator-carpeted floor had construction residue, the walls of the elevator were displaying sheetrock markings and it smelled of old, wet, sheet rock.
Upon arrival on the third floor, the carpeted areas were clean and we made our way to the room. The room itself was very clean, but the bathroom was tired with poor made repairs to the ceiling and other areas. Clean yes, appealing? No
The room air was a bit stale so we turned on the room air conditioning unit. The noise was beyond an accessible level. When you have to raise your voice and turn up the TV, it is just not right. I returned to the desk and explained the problem. The staff quickly reassigned another room. That is the good news. The other news is this room had the same issues in the bathroom and with the air conditioner. Deciding it was just one night and too tired to change hotels, we stayed. A quick tour to the odd shaped, small pool revealed that the chlorine level inside the poolroom was overwhelming and the pool water was cloudy. No pool towels for guests was another issue. I would not swim in the water or try relaxing in the poolroom due to the heavy chlorine smell. We left the hotel for dinner (see reviews for Dakota’s, WOW!) and spent the evening.
Breakfast buffet was simple and clean but clearly failed. The baked pastry products were stale and even the hard-boiled eggs were tasteless. I never thought that I would not be able enjoy something so simple, sadly this was one of the worst.

I would not return to this location or recommend it to anyone regardless of its pricing or location.

Room Tip: I do not recommend staying here. look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerseybob175
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First of all this Inn made us feel more welcome and important to them than any other Inn we've been in during our recent stay in the US, and we've been in seven during this visit. While checking in we were really impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Also we happened to arrive when there was a manager's reception in the evening where we were treated to complimentary drinks and food samples from the Red Lobster. Also the continental breakfast was excellent. As for the accomodations they met all our expectations for cleanliness, facilities, and roominess. A hotel where you won't be sorry you stayed there. A special thank-you to the staff at check-in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy my stays here. Very clean, updated rooms, working fitness equipment, good breakfast spread. The staff is very good and attentive. This should be the standard for All Choice hotels serving business travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jmcolker
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Someone stole my debit card number and made a reservation at this hotel. He was able to check in and use the card despite not having proper identification or authorization to use the card. When I contacted them to get information to be able to contact the police and the bank to file a report and claim the staff could not have been less helpful. Had to call several times to try and speak to a manager who was either not in yet or they would call me right back, which they never did. I just stayed on hold and was finally able to speak to Jay who said he was the manager who proceeded to say the manager wouldn't be in until later. Excuse me? Every hotel has a MOD at all times except of course this establishment. I said I needed information faxed to my bank and that his front desk procedure really needed to be reviewed to which he started getting angry at me to the point that he said "yeah, okay" and hung up the phone on me. Pay cash and be wary of anything you do with this group. Horrible customer service, no care that they screwed up and allowed a thief to take 1500 from me. Last time any of this hotels locations gets my business.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I traveled to Ct. for some shopping in the Hartford area. This was an inexpensive place, but seemed nice. It was spotlessly clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Manager's Appreciation hour was a great surprise. There are many great places to eat nearby and the staff's recommendations were welcome and right on target. We are already planning another trip to the area with a stay at Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wethersfield
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
#4 of 5 in Rocky Hill
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury

Been to Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford? Share your experiences!