All reviewsred lobsterroom was cleanhartford arealots of restaurantsnice breakfastconvenient locationwould stay againfuture tripschecked in quicklymy sisterinterstatejobacbedding
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have stayed at many Comfort Inns over the years and have enjoyed the fact that they are consistently, reliably clean and generally have courteous, friendly people working for them... This Comfort Inn was way below expectations...We were greeted with the fact that the pool was closed ( it was a beautiful, hot sunny day...oh well...) Don't you think you should mention that when people call??? The room had a musty, unpleasant smell and the bedspread was stained...
the bathroom was in very poor shape... ceiling tiles that looked like they could give way and collapse any minute... peeling wallpaper... a broken towel rack... overall ...very shabby for a Comfort Inn...too bad as it makes you think twice about staying at a Comfort Inn and we've never had to think about that before.....

Room Tip: Just don't go there at all....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It is an older hotel, but that's okay. The beds were all okay. I can't think of anything else that was okay.

The desk clerk was talking on the phone, and I had to wait for her to finish before I could check in. I don't know if it was a personal call, or business. I did not recognize the language. She was not the smiling, cordial person I encounter at other Comfort Inns.

The whole building had a peculiar smell. No smell, or a light pleasant smell, is best. A peculiar smell is not good.

The bathroom--oh, my, the bathroom. To begin with, it was tiny. The floorspace was 4' x 5', and the toilet and lavatory took up most of that space. The lavatory had 8 inches of countertop space on either side of the bowl. The chrome-plated cover to the wall Kleenex holder had fallen off the wall and was lying on the countertop. I couldn't make it stay on. There was one switch to control both the light and the fan. The fan was so loud that it prevented sleep. So if one of our party of four needed to go to the bathroom in the night, it woke up the others. The water temperature in the shower went from cold to scalding by moving the control about 1 mm. Dangerous. The toilet paper crinkled. Soft? I don't think so.

The clock was blinking 12:01 when we got to the room a little after 7:45pm I set it to the proper time. A few minutes later it reverted to 12:01. A blinking red light is not conducive to sleep, and I could not find where it was plugged in because it was part of a jumble of wires, so I put the clock face down on the bedside table. In the morning it didn't display any numbers at all.

Behind the bedside table was some mysterious mesh packet of blue crystals. Insect bait? Rodent repellent? Air freshener? Disturbing.

Immediately above the blue crystals was the telephone wire outlet. The phone jack was hanging out of the wall and the wallpaper was torn. (I have pictures.) This was not an inconvenience to us, but rather another indication of the state of this property.

There were loud noises, talking, crying babies, and bumps in the night that were disturbing. Thin walls? We didn't hear anything like this at other Comfort Inns.

My two grandchildren always check out the pool first thing when we get to the hotel. I did not see the pool, but my grandson said the water was green, there were drink cans lying around the area, the chairs were not in the proper places, and he did not want to go in the pool. That's a first.

At all other Comfort Inns our statement was slipped under the door early in the morning. Here, I had to check out at the front desk. The woman on duty tried to check me out of 226 instead of 126. She, also, was not smiling or cordial.

At first glance, I thought breakfast would be typical Comfort Inn. But then I found omelettes and sausages in the refrigerator instead of warmed and ready to eat. The sausages were still frozen! Obviously, they couldn't be microwaved together, and it would have been inconsiderate to the other guests, also waiting in line to defrost their own breakfast, for us to microwave two plates for each of the four people in our party. The conversation at breakfast among other guests centered on their grievances. One couple said their room had no microwave or refrigerator, even though they are Choice Privileges members, and had specifically reserved a room with both. Another lady said the lock on their door was broken, and a man tried his key card in her door. The door didn't open, but it thoroughly frightened her. She called the front desk, and then propped the ironing board against the door, knowing it wouldn't prevent anyone from coming in, but hoping it would make noise to alert her in case of an intrusion, in the unlikely event she went to sleep.

It was a long, miserable night.

After sending this review to corporate, the manager of this establishment emailed me with apologies, and a $50 credit to my credit card.

Room Tip: I would like to think we were given the only bad room, but I would never stay here again.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

I checked in to find 10 hairs in my bathtub and bathroom. I also found a used and still wet washcloth hanging on the shower head. I called the front desk and informed them of the sit uation and they said it would be taken care of. 3 days later it still wasn't clean. I also asked for a fridge for 3 days which they said i would get but never did. The staff was very rude and never offered any apologies. The continental breakfast was gross and the sitting area was always dirty. I would never nor reccomend anyone to ever stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Its an old building and not recently upgraded (I think). The price was good for the area. The room we were given didn't have a frige. It looked old and worn. We asked for a frige and were promptly given a new room w a frige ... an 'accessible' room. It appeared recently re-done and was much nicer. But we did question how 'accessible' the toilet would be since it is an old low design w/o arms for pushing up or wall mounted hand grips. As others noted the breakfast was ok but no bananas one day, no scrambled eggs .. just hard-boiled, coffee ran out ... no attendant. I add that because we stayed the previous night in another Comfort Inn in WV where breakfast was really good and an attendant made sure everyone was happy! The exterior access doors didn't appear to lock automatically. Security could be an issue. The morning when we were checking out our room key was disabled ...I couldn't get back in after getting coffee. Annoying issues even though the staff was friendly and addressed each issue.

Room Tip: if you're not happy ask for a better room. there are some better than others.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GTZNY
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had 2 rooms. They were OK and the price good. The pillows on the bed were so tiny and uncomfortable. It looked like they cut standard pillows in half and put pillowcases on them. I would recommend that you bring your own pillows. One room had no microwave. And that same room had no soap in the bathroom. Not sure I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family