“Never disapointed”
Review of The Westport Inn

The Westport Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a small business owner who has stayed at the Westport Inn for many many years. I have never been dissatisfied with the service, accommodations or the quality of the staff. The manager, front desk personal and maintenance people have always been the greatest to me. It is a 2 hour ride back to my base. So when I am working in this area I always make sure that I make a reservation. Have I had some small issues? Of course, what hotel have you been to that doesn't but they were always taken care of in a professional and friendly manner to my satisfaction. There is an excellent restaurant on the premise that offers a higher end quality of food. My rooms have always been clean and smelling fresh. I have been to the casino and have paid way more than here and my room at the casino smelled of smoke and cigar. Never had that happen here. I would recommend the Westport Inn to any traveler. Also, there are diners and other eateries within close proximity of the hotel. Along with a major food and pharmacy chain and gas stations. If you have time a state park is a few miles away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice with the quaintness of a New England style Inn, but if you are looking for mo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Absct

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The website makes this property look so much better than it actually it! This hotel was so bad that I am not sure that I can accurately portray the conditions. The carpets are stained and filthy throughout the hallway. The room smelled damp and musty and was dark and gloomy. Are you getting the picture? To make matters worse, although I had a booked a 2 king bed suite, when I arrived at my room it was tiny, not a suite and only had one bed. When I called the front desk, I was put on hold for so long that I hung up and called again. I was told that I hadn't booked a suite. I finally went to the front desk with my email confirmation and was told that the manager gave my room to someone else earlier in the day. Needless to stay, we left and went to the Hyatt house Shelton 15 minutes away and got a fantastic suite for a lot less. Avoid this motel (really, it is a motel) at all costs!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BaltimoreDaddio
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were on our way to Rhode Island (this was day 2 of driving from Texas). We were so tired and had to get some sleep. This Inn was so beautiful! The rooms were very nice and the bed and pillows were perfect! My only wish is that we could've stayed longer. The check-in lady was super sweet and even offered to let us sleep past the check out time. Would've loved to have been able to explore this quaint town! It was such a nice surprise to find such a jewel of a place! I would recommend this Inn and the town to anyone 100%.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank twebb825
W Paul B, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear T Webb825,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am very happy that you had a quite a nice respite at the Inn.
That is quite the journey that you traversed! I hope that all of your travels were fun and safe and we hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

Paul Boyle

Reviewed June 17, 2013

$175 dollars for a glorified 1950's motel room?
Arrived and they could not find my reservation.(I had spoke to them the day before to confirm the reservation and request a refrigerator) The young lady behind the counter was quite rude, speaking to me in a tone as if she were better than me, told me I did not have a reservation. She informed me as if doing me a favor she would try to fit us in.( I later showed her my confirmation for that night and she asked what my problem was because she found me a room didn't she) The room was very small and reminded me of a 1950's motel room that had been dressed up. (You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig). The room was tiny So small that we had to climb over the refrigerator (that I had to request again) to get to the bathroom. The door did not close properly which caused a problem with bugs buzzing around the room. The bathroom was dirty. The heating/air conditioning was noisy. Could hear our "neighbors" coming and going until the wee hours of the morning The beds were not comfortable. I should have gone to another hotel but we were late for a family function and did not really notice all the problems until we returned later that evening. I would NOT recommend this MOTEL to anyone. From their advertising I was expecting a nice hotel but was extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this MOTEL.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob_CBoston

Dear Bob_C Boston,
I am very sorry that your stay with us was clearly disappointing for both you and your family. I searched for additional contact information, however, I could not find a telephone number or e-mail address.
I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to call me directly at 203-418-2500 to discuss your stay and how we might be able to make things right for you.

Paul Boyle

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was up this past weekend for a college graduation and spent three nights (Rm 225) with an open window and a pedestal fan as the A/C was not yet turned on site-wide (only the heat was functioning) - a fan was the best they could do. Weather was warm and damp and the room was uncomfortable for good sleeping. Down comfortors were still on the beds (not real queen sized). We did get the refrigerator that we requested but everything inside froze after 2 days -
Room cleanup never occured til after 1PM and after the first night, some towels were missing, like extra hand towel or wash cloths. No complimentary toiletries were replenished. If I'd called for every issue, it would have been 3x a day. The first night they came promptly to give us the fans, then came again a few hours later when the TV would not respond to either remote or onset controls - the plug was twisted in the back (I could not reach it to see). Breakfast in the on-site restaurant was tasty but service was limited with one server to attend all the patrons - on a Saturday morning. We ate elsewhere after that.
I've stayed here a few times before in the past 4 years and it was actually much better, even while undergoing renovations 2 years ago. So what happened??? This was a no vacancy weekend!!

Room Tip: ask questions before hand - there is no elevator.....rooms in back are quieter. Are you allergic to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
W Paul B, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Maude,
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts on your stay at the Westport Inn this past weekend. I am terribly sorry that you had a far from perfect stay. Please know that I will be sending you an e-mail, to the address that you have on your reservation, to further discuss the problems you encountered.
Paul

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were very pleased with The Westport Inn for a recent wedding. We had a larger room in the annex building which was very clean, modern and spacious. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the small restaurant and bar were a great gathering place for early risers and late night visiting. The young people enjoyed the indoor pool. The banquet facilities were beautiful and very professionally managed by Antoinella and her staff and the catered food was delicious. This was a great set up for the many out of town guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We paid $199.00 Saturday night, $169.00 Sunday night and were totally ripped off. The room was tiny offering nothing but a shower, blow dryer and coffee maker. My husband was so angry that there was no mini refrigerator for the $370 plus dollars that we spent for two nights. The two beds were smaller than queen size, the heat was blasting over 80 degrees, the AC didn't work so that we couldn't sleep. No continental breakfast. They wanted to charge me over $2 for a lousy cup of coffee, so I had to drive down the street to Dunkin Donuts for a decent cup of coffee. Our experience was so bad for the amount of money we paid, we will never stay there ever again! We would have been happier sleeping in our car!

Room Tip: Motel 6 would have been better. Breakfast? There was NO breakfast! Dunkin Donuts was breakfast ! And...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wintts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!