“Beautiful Inn-newly renovated”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Irving
“Beautiful Inn-newly renovated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westport Inn after last staying at this property 2 1/2 years ago. I was pleasently surprised to find that this property has recently completed a renovation. The new lobby/restaurant/ and rooms were fantastic and have a upscale residential feel. Service was friendly and the WiFi was incredible! I am sure they are still working out the kinks after such a transformation, but the new product/service is well worth trying. I have stayed at other area branded properties, they were all pretty much standard fair hotels and not renovated or the quality of this properties guest rooms and service. Crystal at the desk was very helpful in making dinner reservations and the courtesy van driver that took me to the restaurant was great. They are still finishing renovation details, but the friendly service and new rooms really made my stay enjoyable. I will be back!

Room Tip: Spend a little more and book the second floor Deluxe building rooms, they have vaulted ceilings whic...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind comments! We continue to bring something new to the table every day. And you are so right the vaulted ceiling rooms are the best. We love Krystal too, and she has great recommendations.

Safe travels,

Yolande Lacan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Norwalk, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

You can imagine how excited my husband and I were when my parents gave a night away from our 15 month old son as a Christmas present... the Westport Inn was a complete disappointment. First, it is a motel. Second, our room had peeling wallpaper and a huge water-stain in the ceiling. As part of the deal my parents got, we had a $50 voucher for their restaurant that could be used for dinner or breakfast. The menu on their website looked delicious for breakfast, so we decided to use it for breakfast. Much to our disappointment, when we came downstairs sunday morning, their only offering was a buffet with watery eggs and stale bagels for $15!!! When I asked why they weren't serving their normal breakfast, I was informed that they had changed their policy for breakfast on Sundays. I called the manager after our disappointing stay and was not even acknowledged with a courtesy return call.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ELLENA M
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
As you mentioned we were not prepared to handle the popularity of the holiday flash sale. I am so sorry you were disappointed. We made a judgment call to offer the buffet on the busy flash sale days to be better able to accommodate guests more quickly in our cozy restaurant. We were wrong, our guests are preferring the a la carte. We are now sending an email prior to arrival asking people to make reservations for dinner prior to arrival and to remind that everyone can not fit for breakfast between 9:45am and 11:00am.
Yolande Lacan

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Downs:

When I got there with my guest, we were told that the indoor pool was not working (a highlight listed on the groupon deal) and the staff member rudely told me that there was nothing she can do. I asked to speak to the manager and again, she said.. "well, there's nothing she can do for you either." Not satisfied, I stood there in awe of her attitude and finally she took down my number to have the manager call me back. I believe her first name started with an M. Microwaves and refrigerators are also not included. You have to pay separately for them.

Ups:
At the Front Desk, a staff member named Crystal was very respectful and sweet throughout the entire stay. When I asked for activities around the area, she quickly printed out a list of venues and activity ideas. The waitress at the onsite restaurant was also very sweet although I don't recall her name. The room was very clean and comfortable!

Suggestions:
1. If you're looking forward to the indoor pool, call ahead to make sure it's working.
2. Hard to enjoy the area in the winter. Not many indoor activities. Try to aim for spring/summer to enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy L
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I appreciate your candid comments and wanted to assure you that our goal is for ALL our employees be courteous, welcoming and well informed. I am glad Krystal and Alexa fulfilled those expectations so sorry that all of our team members did not.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Delamar Southport
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
#1 of 12 in Norwalk
Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!