“My Favorite for Hibachi”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 164 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sakura Japanese Restaurant serves high quality, delicious Japanese fare in an exquisite environment. Give us a call and we'll create your ideal dining experience today. At Sakura, you can mold your dining experience to what you want it to be. We offer a variety of food options and rooms to offer you an unforgettable experience. Join us in our hibachi grill room for fresh steak, seafood, and chicken prepared right in front of you in a lively and fun environment. Try our sushi bar which offers an outstanding selection of fresh fish and rolls made to order. We also offer a full menu of traditional Japanese fare like sukiyaki, bento boxes and more. We have a number of Tatami private dining rooms for groups of two to groups of up to 14. We also offer a fun, refined bar dining area and a lovely outdoor patio for your enjoyment. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a great night with us. Give us a call to make your reservation today.
Trumbull
“My Favorite for Hibachi”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We go here quite often for dinner or lunch. It's my favorite Hibachi place anywhere. The soup and salad they give you beforehand are very good. The Hibachi is outstanding. They give you plenty of food for the price, they use the thinner noodles(which I like better), and the seasonings they use taste great. I usually get the filet mignon and shrimp. The hibachi dinners come with a few shrimp already, but they're so good that I always order extra. The steak is always really tender and all the food is very flavorful. We've never had a bad experience here and we've been going for at least 15 years.

• Visited February 2012

Weston, CT
“Great for Celebrations!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is our family's "go-to" spot for all our family birthdays and celebrations. The chefs put on a great show as they cook your meal hibachi-style. The variety is great; try the lobster/steak dinner; it's awesome! Or, try the Sushi Bar for a huge variety of freshly, prepared-before-your-eyes delicacies. Either way, you'll have a memorable evening!

Visited January 2012
Easton, CT
“For your tween's birthday party...”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This not great Japanese restaurant has been around for at least 20 years and has not improved with time. There are several teppanyaki tables with chefs who will flip shrimp into waiting mouths. These are quite good for birthday parties for 11 to 14-year olds and there are a number of these parties every night.

In the non-teppanyaki rooms the food is more disappointing. Choose carefully and don't challenge the kitchen.

There is also a sushi bar. It's okay but not great.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank MacInCt
Boston, MA
“Great place to go with a group.”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was traveling solo and had a very nice dinner at Sakura. The staff were solicitous and the food delicious (their boast about their ginger salad dressing wasn't an idle boast). The restaurant itself is beautiful, and they ask you, when you enter, if you want "hibachi" or "traditional" seating. I'm assuming that "hibachi" seating puts you in front of a large grill surface and you have a more theatrical eating experience; I chose "traditional," and was seated in a normal table-seating area. But on my way, I saw small rooms with low tables and tatami mats, and so if you're eating with a group, I'd choose one of those rooms and have the fun experience of sitting on the floor and eating. When I'm back in Westport next time, I'll look forward to returning to Sakura!

Visited November 2011
Westport, Connecticut
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was hesitant to find a decent sushi place outside of nyc but this place is pretty dam good. Top quality fish-Not to expensive ( if you dont order sashimi) ...we get delivery and take out as well.

• Visited September 2011