“Our new favorite restaurant in Westport!”
Review of Blue Lemon - CLOSED

Blue Lemon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Greenwich
“Our new favorite restaurant in Westport!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Fantastic - wonderful dinner, clever bar, terrific service, lovely ambiance - simply a home run! We were two couples meeting for dinner and could not have been more pleased with our evening in every way. Can't wait to return to see what drink Jeff (manager) creates for us, and what tasty delights are on their menu!

• Visited September 2012

Hanover, New Hampshire
“Still Great food after living many years in the area!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Having moved to NH 3 years ago, and returned to CT, we decided to return to Blue Lemon.The atmosphere is still intimate & quiet, food is still top notch, creative and tasty!! The bartender, who also is a manager, made a fabulous cucumber martini on request. We totally enjoyed the dining experience and will return again. We had a family New Years Eve dinner there over 10 years ago, and our children still remember how special it was!!

• Visited August 2012
Burlington
“Should not be #1”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I went here for dinner here with 2 friends. While the food was good, there were a few obvious details that weren't right. For starters, the menus were out dated. Mine was titled "Winter 2012", and another one was titled "Fall/ Winter 2011". In July? Really?? I found this unprofessional for a restaurant with a $45 sole special. Spend the extra money and print new seasonal menus with seasonal dishes.

My mushroom, tomato, mozzarella and arugula salad special came with basically no mozzarella and 2 sliced grape tomatoes. It was basically a plate of arugula and mushrooms. I almost sent it back, but after searching found what was a little mozz- a few (5 or 6) small crumbles the size of feta. We also had the crabcake, arugula and endive salad, empanadas and a soup special, all of which were very good.

The service was uneven. One plus was our server let us taste a wine before we decided whether or not to order it. HOwever....one friend got the wrong soup delivered and had to send it back. My other friend received her salad and entree at the same time, and so had completely finished all of her food by the time we others got our entrees. They brought her a second salad (accidentally) but then let her keep it just so she would have something to eat while the rest of us ate. It was just strange. I find it difficult to believe that this is the #1 restaurant in Westport. Overall it was fine, but I'm sure there are better.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank kateandjohn2
CT
“A great surprise”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We usually dine in Fairfield but tonight I wanted try Blue Lemon. Being a summer Friday night during vacation time, the restaurant was half empty. I am glad it was as the tables are uncomfortably close together.

Our waiter was very friendly and obviously attentive. I had the crab cake and my wife a special shrimp, scallop and chick pea cake. Both we perfect. Entees consisted of the best Dover sole ever and bass with roasted corn and mango. Both again were perfect. Dessert consisted of carmalized bananas with caramel sauce and apple crisp (just like mom's). Yum

Definitely will be back but during a slow period so we can enjoy the atmosphere again.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“BEST in town.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

New to the neighborhood, I came on tripadvisor to find a restaurant in town. This was the #1 rated restaurant so I tried it and let me say... it is rated #1 for a reason!!! I was so pleased with Blue Lemon. The service, food, bar and atmosphere was fantastic!!! The waiter was very helpful and guided me to a delicious appetizer, main course and delicious dessert. The portions are perfect and the fish was very fresh. I liked it so much I went back a few days later for a glass of wine & an appetizer at the bar!!! This restaurant is a MUST & I plan on going back much more.

• Visited July 2012