“Should not be #1”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I went here for dinner here with 2 friends. While the food was good, there were a few obvious details that weren't right. For starters, the menus were out dated. Mine was titled "Winter 2012", and another one was titled "Fall/ Winter 2011". In July? Really?? I found this unprofessional for a restaurant with a $45 sole special. Spend the extra money and print new seasonal menus with seasonal dishes.

My mushroom, tomato, mozzarella and arugula salad special came with basically no mozzarella and 2 sliced grape tomatoes. It was basically a plate of arugula and mushrooms. I almost sent it back, but after searching found what was a little mozz- a few (5 or 6) small crumbles the size of feta. We also had the crabcake, arugula and endive salad, empanadas and a soup special, all of which were very good.

The service was uneven. One plus was our server let us taste a wine before we decided whether or not to order it. HOwever....one friend got the wrong soup delivered and had to send it back. My other friend received her salad and entree at the same time, and so had completely finished all of her food by the time we others got our entrees. They brought her a second salad (accidentally) but then let her keep it just so she would have something to eat while the rest of us ate. It was just strange. I find it difficult to believe that this is the #1 restaurant in Westport. Overall it was fine, but I'm sure there are better.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank kateandjohn2

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We usually dine in Fairfield but tonight I wanted try Blue Lemon. Being a summer Friday night during vacation time, the restaurant was half empty. I am glad it was as the tables are uncomfortably close together.

Our waiter was very friendly and obviously attentive. I had the crab cake and my wife a special shrimp, scallop and chick pea cake. Both we perfect. Entees consisted of the best Dover sole ever and bass with roasted corn and mango. Both again were perfect. Dessert consisted of carmalized bananas with caramel sauce and apple crisp (just like mom's). Yum

Definitely will be back but during a slow period so we can enjoy the atmosphere again.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

New to the neighborhood, I came on tripadvisor to find a restaurant in town. This was the #1 rated restaurant so I tried it and let me say... it is rated #1 for a reason!!! I was so pleased with Blue Lemon. The service, food, bar and atmosphere was fantastic!!! The waiter was very helpful and guided me to a delicious appetizer, main course and delicious dessert. The portions are perfect and the fish was very fresh. I liked it so much I went back a few days later for a glass of wine & an appetizer at the bar!!! This restaurant is a MUST & I plan on going back much more.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Found the menu to be very ordinary. Staff was friendly.

Date of visit: December 2011
1  Thank celeste l
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stopped here on our way to our usual haunt. The atmosphere is quaint and conducive to a quiet, romantic meal. The food was good, but I thought the portion could have been a little more generous.

All-in-all, we enjoyed the Blue Lemon, and will probably return.

Date of visit: June 2012