“Good but not Great”
Review of Rive Bistro

Rive Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rive Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 165 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Newtown, Connecticut
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was nice to see Westport/Fairfield had regained a French restaurant after recently loosing it's only two in quick order. The setting is very nice and the food is good but memorable. I would hope they would set higher standards for the quality of their servings. Would we go back, possibly. We we go out of our way, sadly no.

• Visited March 2014

Wilton, Connecticut
“Fine Food/Lovely Setting”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I eat here a couple of times a month and the food is consistently excellent. The muscles and the steak tartare rank among the best, the fries are to die for, the wines are lovely and reasonably priced, the martinis taste great and the setting can't be beat. If you're seated overlooking the Saugatuck River, it feels more like Europe than Westport. The decor and atmosphere are lovely. With the exception of one off night, the service has been excellent and gracious. The folks who own and run the restaurant are really nice and greet you like old friends, even if you've never been there before. No pretense, just genuine warmth. Hard to find these days! The staff is friendly and attentive as well. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Terrific stop on the water in Westport”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recent visit just before Valentine's Day turned into a terrific surprise. Great location and cozy atmosphere even better next to the window overlooking the swans. Classic French bistro. The prix fixe can't be beaten. The tomato soup was a nice start. The skirt steak was cooked just right even though drowning in sauce.The chocolate mousse was a fine ending. My wife has escargot and sole with crab and lobster. Nice way to celebrate pre-Valentine's Day. We will be back though we are a little concerned that the place could be a bit too Wesport-ish if it's on a weekend.

1 Thank Len B
Corona, New York
““Wonderful Evening at Rive Bistro, Westport, CT””
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was my mom and dad’s 60th wedding anniversary this past Saturday (2/8/14) and my husband and I decided to treat them
to French food as it has always been a favorite of both my parents. We started with some appetizers, lamb meatballs and lobster rolls, which we all
thoroughly enjoyed. My mom ordered the Steak Frites for dinner and my dad had the foie gras. They both ate everything on their plate and
commented on how wonderful the food was. My husband and I both ordered the trout almondine and we noticed that no one at the table
was talking because we were too busy eating. The desserts were lovely. I particularly loved the crème brulee. The service was excellent
and the view spectacular. We can’t wait to revisit with all the family.

Connecticut
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Dined there on a cold January night. Unfortunately it was also quite cold inside. Appetizers and desserts excellent. Entrees quite uninspired. Casserole of duck confit, slab bacon and white beans was simply mystery meat. Steak woefully over cooked. Don't see any reason to return.

• Visited January 2014