“Fantastic Wedding Venue”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
The Inn at Longshore
Ranked #1 of 1 Westport B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“Fantastic Wedding Venue”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My wife and I held our reception at Long Shore and found the venue, the food, and the staff exemplary. The room was tastefully and beautifully decorated with garland, white lights, and a few Christmas trees. The wedding was for over 200 and even still the food came out as if they were serving just a handful of people. A number of our guests commented on how delicious everything tasted. We did not stay at the Inn that night, but we did use one of their suites during the wedding and it was a fantastic touch that allowed us to have a quiet spot to sit down and grab a few moments to ourselves.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed one night and were awoken at sometime just after 3am by a fire alarm.
The police and fire department came and all the guests (including one infant and one toddler) had to vacate their rooms and sit downstairs in the lobby and in a rear conference room. The front doors to the Inn were kept wide open the entire time and this made the lobby quite cold.

Eventually around 4:30am we were all allowed to return to our rooms.
Upon check out the next morning I suggested to the desk clerk that there ought to be some discount offered to guests for being so disturbed during the night. After much back-and-forth with the clerk I did receive a 50% discount off our bill. But I was still appalled that the owner of the Inn had not bothered to make any type of apology to his us for the events of the previous night.
The desk clerk never bothered to apologize either. What more can one say about such a place?

Well, did I mention the dirty carpets on the stairs and upstairs hallway? Or the lumpy, worn-out mattress? How about the old-style TV so far from the bed I had to wear my driving glasses to watch it? There was also a twenty-year reunion party - with a live band - for the Westport highschool which we knew about upon checking in. It lasted until around midnight. What we did not count on was the noisy cleaning crew who came in afterwards and made almost as much noise as the party had for at least an hour more. All in all, not much sleep was had that night.

Additional quirks:
- We noticed a hotel employee was sleeping across the hall from us in a much better room (with water view) than what we were given (a view of the parking lot.)
During the night, the same employee made a pot of coffee right before we were all allowed back in to our rooms. It was a kind, if belated gesture which I admit was lost on me since I am not a coffee drinker and all I wanted at that point was to go back to sleep. I noticed this man had peculiar shoes which curled up at the toe sort of like an elf's shoe. It's an odd detail about that night that I shall always remember.

When Things Got Strange (er)
(This is worth mentioning since it really rounds out the entire picture of our experience that night.)

There was a heavily inebriated man - a left over from the reunion - who had been sleeping on the sofa in the lobby when the alarm went off. As guests filed downstairs to our nocturnal exile, he was loudly cursing within earshot of all at the situation and at having to share the lobby sofa with those who had been displaced from their rooms.

About the only plus to this place is the location. It might be fine to come for a daytime event here but I would not recommend anyone spend the night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank NewerReviewer
chussey, Director of Sales at The Inn at Longshore, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
The Inn at Longshore specializes in weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, reunions, and corporate events and we have 12 guest rooms which typically are occupied by the guests attending the events. While I truly apologize for the fire alarm going off and inconveniencing your family, the safety and welfare of the guests takes priority.

We did, in fact, have a reunion at The Inn at Longshore on the evening in which you stayed. We always alert guests upon checking in that this is the case if we have events going on. This is a fun, lively environment and we would prefer if the party goers are "safe" and stay with us. While I cannot control the unfortunate circumstances with the intoxicated person, our primary business model is for weddings and events.

I also believe that the "employee" in which was described was acting out of a true genuine gesture of kindness to offer a hot cup of coffee on a cold fall evening.

Thank you for your frank review and I wish that you had a better experience with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We were visiting Fairfield University and decided to stay at the Inn at Long Shore. It does have a beautiful venue for a wedding. However, upon check-in, we were not shown around at all, just left on our own. I had to ask if breakfast was included. The person at the desk did not tell us where it was served. I had to ask where to park my car. The rugs were worn and the room was dusty. The towels were of poor quality for the type of inn I had expected this to be.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Maine413
Allentown
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I can't answer but whatever that word is, the Longshore deserves it. My wife and I were recently married at the Inn (march 27, 2010) and it was absolutely amazing. From the planning stages with Kacy to the evenings festivities with Eddie (I hope that is his name) everything went smoothly. Every request we had was handled better than we could have imagined. The staff was super attentive and VERY polite. I wish I could give some constructive criticism, but I really can't think of anything that went wrong or could have gone better.

We used one of the rooms as a bridal suite where the bridal party hung out before the introductions and the staff made sure we got to sample all the hors d'oeuvres and our cups never went dry. As the night progressed, we never saw the staff slack in anything. The food portions were large, especially for a wedding.

So in closing, THANK YOU Longshore for helping to make our day better than we could have ever envisioned.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank den748
new york
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had our wedding in at the Inn at Longhore in Westport, CT and we have nothing but glowing reviews to share. The entire staff is an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. They were very accomodating and highly responsive to any of our needs. We didn't have to worry about a thing - they are a well oiled machine! The Inn itself is beautiful and is the perfect setting for a wedding in any season. The Long Island South provides the perfect backdrop for photos, and the reception room itself is warm and inviting. The food received rave reviews from our guests as well. It was truly the best place to have a wedding and we'd recommend it to anyone looking for a spot!

• Stayed March 2010
CT
Reviewed March 30, 2010

After the wind and rain storm of 2010 We were left without lights and heat. We had called every hotel in the area no one had a room. We called the longshore inn and they had one last room. Jamie was very helpful and everyone was very kind. thank you. It was nice to have a warm room with hot water and heat. We are planning to revisit the inn for our 25th Anniversary this november.
Donna and Burt
Riverside, CT

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly... sweet room, well cared for, friendly people at the desk, and nice, though simple, buffet breakfast, which can be eaten on the terrace. We read or relaxed on Adirondack chairs facing the sound, and I walked over to the sailing school and rented a kayak. We liked having a drink at the Longshore bar, and we sampled cuisine in Westport and surrounding towns. The only frustration was in facing that beautiful water and not being able to jump in right there at the Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
The Westport Inn
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
#1 of 12 in Norwalk
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk

Been to The Inn at Longshore? Share your experiences!