“GREAT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acqua - CLOSED

Acqua
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: With stunning views of the Saugatuck River from two levels and a sleek, contemporary interior, guests of Acqua can experience the sophistication of Manhattan from the comfort of Main Street in the charming coastal town of Westport, Connecticut. Simple, rustic dishes lovingly prepared, decadent dessert souffles, and a superb wine list are the hallmarks of this premiere Mediterranean bistro.
Redding, Connecticut
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great food. A little expensive but it's Westport. But they have a great lunch deal on the first floor, so a nice way to eat well if you're on a budget.

New York City, New York
“Competent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Capably prepared food, pleasant surroundings. Average for this type of restaurant.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“"Parmesan crusted Halibut" enough said.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Food was delicious, staff was very attentive. All in all a five star evening.

Westport, Ct
“Good food...awful management and staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Let me start by saying we have not dined at this restaurant in over 4 years because of the awful experience we had. They MAY be under new management, and if so, please understand my review as such.
IT IS QUITE SAD for me to give a negative review, however, I feel strongly that this restaurant needs to take a good look at themselves and make some serious changes. My husband, Mother, Daughter and I dined here quite a few years ago, when we lived in Westport. After reviewing the menu, my husband called over the waitress and asked this question "I believe there seems to be an error on this menu...it states that the "Dover Sole" is $149.00! can you explain", there must be some error here." The waitress states the following "Well sir, if you can't afford it, just select something else from the menu, the sole is flow in from England!!" I could not believe my ears. My husband went from calm to enraged and said "Did the owner pay for the seat in the plane for this sole?" It went on from there, quite unpleasant, calling over the manager, who basically stated the same, to try something else on the menu. We were all quite upset with the way we were treated and we walked out of the restaurant, never to return. Hopefully they have changed their way of dealing with the public and changes to their menu. They are also quite pricy.

Adam Z, Owner at Acqua, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hi Cara21Westport!

We are truly sorry for your poor experience 4 years ago. I find it puzzling that you are posting this now. But, I want to assure you that we have made every effort to correct those shortcomings. Our current General Manager (Marc) has been with us just short of 2 years and is excited for an opportunity to meet or exceed your expectations if you would allow us to serve you again. We hope that you would give us another try!
Weston, Connecticut
“Christmas Eve couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

After a horrible experience at The Tarry Lodge (read my review, "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"), we had an amazing Christmas Eve dinner at Aqua. From the moment we walked in the door, we felt welcomed and were brought to one of the nicest tables in the restaurant. We were a family of 5 (2 teenagers, myself, my husband, and my mom), and everyone found multiple things to choose from. My son devoured his calamari, my daughter loved her spring pea soup, and my husband and I salivated over our scallops with figs and sage. My mom's salmon was cooked to perfection. I don't think we had anything left on our plates at the end of the meal. Thank you Aqua, for making our Christmas Eve so special. We will be back!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Koco910
Adam Z, Owner at Acqua, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hi Koco! We are delighted that you had an enjoyable evening with us as Acqua on Christmas Eve. We are so happy that you found items on the menu that would please everyone in your family. Hopefully next time you will save some room for desert!