“wildly overpriced”

Dining options: Reservations
Westport, Connecticut
“wildly overpriced”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

the food is good dont get me wrong...but the prices that they charge are unbelievable...i cant figure out why...the seating is so tight and the place is so small that you feel like you are playing twister with the other patrons...no reason to go here...

1 Thank rsaluck

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“best dining in Westport”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Susan and I have been in Westport for a month, eating around to experience the variety Westport offers. We wandered into DaPietro's last night, no res, to FINALLY experience the destination that we had sought: wait staff = professional and informative (and helpful!), exceptional choices in food and wine, and the seafood-- beautifully presented and delicious (words fail me). Afterwards, speaking with Chef Pietro Scotti was the perfect end to a divine meal... given that we were too full to share a dessert. Susan and I will head back before we leave Westport to make another captivating wine decision and to experience the lava cake. Bon apetit.

• Visited July 2012
“insincere service”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

i have to say that some of the dish are great.
bad service is very unkind. (almost rude)SPecially when we asked some request or advice for wine.
We tried this restaurant 2 times.We got same expression. We will not try again.

• Visited February 2012
Janine S, Owner at Da Pietro's, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I’m very sorry that the service was below standard when you came to Da Pietro’s. We agree that good service is one of the most important facets of a restaurant and we realized that our main server was not meeting our expectation of excellence, so he was replaced. Again, I am so sorry, and please call me so we can discuss. Sincerely, Janine Scotti (Co-owner) (203)-613-5408
fairfield cty, CT
“Be prepared to wait for good food”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The food is good, the room lovely - if you like small and sweet. I visited for lunch. We were three, two other tables of two were already taken when we arrived. A party of four arrived a while later. I say this because I can't imagine why on earth it took so long for the food to come! Eleven people? My friends ordered the Prix Fixe. I ordered off the the regular menu with no starter.
The waiter seemed to eager to get our drink and food order...then he was gone. I was not looking for an "express lunch" but I was hungry. My friends sat with empty bowls in front of them for a good half hour before they were cleared and our main course arrived.
Maybe the waiter was cooking the food as well?
Yes, the food was good. The scent of the lobster bisque and mussels was wonderful. Surprisingly yummy crab cakes on a mountain of nicely dressed lettuces. Pasta and fish specials were decent, but very small portions.
But the service was just too much to get over. I am local, one friend drove over an hour to meet me. I was embarrassed by my choice.

• Visited January 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
“a little gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Da Pietro is a great chef and his team is very attentive. While the restaurant is tiny he knows our name so we get a table in his tiny restaurant very easily. Expensive but worth it