“Beautiful place, but the food doesn't match the surroundings”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Post 154 - CLOSED

Post 154
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Northeast
“Beautiful place, but the food doesn't match the surroundings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

One of the most attractive settings in the tristate area, but the menu is far too ambitious and simply doesn't deliver. Far better to start with simple offerings, master them, and then broaden the options available as the kitchen gains competence. Best recommendation at the moment is go for drinks.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank LeGenerale

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

All the other restaurants should be thrilled this restaurant opened. Walked in about an hour ago. They told me 45 minute wait. No biggie even though they had 6 empty tables. Then they asked for my cell phone so they could call me at the bar when my table was ready. Mind you the bar is 25 feet from the hostess booth. We said wouldn't you just walk over and tell us our table is ready. No sir that's kind of far away. We will call you. Just had the best meal at the Spotted Horse. Thank you 154. May I never see you again.

1 Thank David S
Westport, Connecticut
“Three strikes your out!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I am really surprised w the positive food reviews. We tried this place three times wanted to like it and having high hopes. Nope. Bad service. We asked for bread twice. Didn't get it. The waiter never asked us how our dinner was. Dinner was pretty plain and overpriced. I normally don't write negative reviews but they need to change the way this place runs bc it's going to bomb. The only positive was that the renovation was done beautifully. Good luck post 154. We wish we had gone to blue lemon across the street. Now that's good food

2 Thank CheechBarclay
New York City, New York
“Finally, a Good Restaurant in Westport, CT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Many people in the Westport area boast that we have great restaurants out here when we simply do not. I hazard to say that these people are not true foodies and have not traveled well, nor do they really know good food. But with the addition of Post 154, things are looking up, for Westport at least. I took my mother and my aunt, both seniors and both a little handicapped. My mother has a walker and with the wide open space it was a breeze. The staff greeted us professionally, quickly, and seated us appropriately so that my mother and aunt could use the elevator to quickly get down to the restrooms -- that is a trained staff that is thinking and how restaurants should behave. Our waiter made menu recommendations, each on spot, including the bottle of Troublemaker, a nice red wine that was perfect for listening to two oldies for two hours :) Despite the very wide open space, it is quite loud in there, but since one in my party is partly deaf and needs to shout, I'd have to admit this is a nice place to take her in the future, she fits right in. The food was great: we ordered three appetizers and shared them; the crab taters were many and delicious; the lobster quesadillas were three and good; and there was a chicken appetizer that came on skewers, very tender, in a lovely sauce. My mother sent her tomato soup back, but the corn chowder replaced it and she could not stop talking about it. My aunt and I both had the scallops with grits, so perfect. It was also nice to have so many vegetarian options, and that the waiter knew well which ones were vegetarian. The bread comes warm to the table and is thick, served on a very thick wood slab, and several managers stopped by to make sure we were happy. The waiter was most attentive and made any changes quickly. I eat in Manhattan often and at the best restaurants, they got this one right. And thank you!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank ChocAddict5
San Francisco, California
“Excellent food and NY vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Post 154 did a great job turning the old post office into a very chic, modern space. The bar is very big and people are gathered here throughout the night. While I only had wine, their drink list is very cool and looks delicious. The food is excellent- I highly recommend the Eggplant parm "meatballs". While I agree that some of the waitstaff can be a bit slow, they do try their best and it is a fairly new restaurant. I am 100% sure that once they are settled in, the service will be even better.

I personally have had two excellent experiences there and will return soon!

• Visited January 2014