“Great new steakhouse in town”
Review of 323

Ranked #84 of 165 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 323 Main opened in April 2013. We are a friendly neighborhood restaurant serving American cuisine (steaks, burgers, salads & wings) with an array of seafood options. We use local produce as seasonally available. Our center TV is the largest in Westport, making us the perfect spot for watching your favorite sports game. We offer a formal dining room and casual lounge seating for any kind of party. We do catering and private parties both onsite and off the premises. If you are looking to reserve space for a large group or would like to rent a room please visit the "CONTACT" tab for more information.
Westport, Connecticut
“Great new steakhouse in town”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at 323. It was no longer the old Bogey's with stripped wallpaper and astro-turf carpet. All grown-up with an understated elegance. I called with two days notice and Mary was able to get me in on a Saturday night at the prime time of 7:30pm. We went with my husband, an old friend and my two teenage boys (a party of 5). It took a few minute wait and we were seated. The noise level can be high when the room is full of diners. We started with cocktails which were done right. Apps. included fresh oysters, calamari and tuna tartar. The boys ordered steaks which they both agreed were just as good as those found in major steak houses. Boy boys remarked that they were disappointed that there was nothing on the plate but a sprig of watercress, necessitating an order of Mac & Cheese and french fries. My husband ordered the sesame crusted-tuna and our friend had the eggplant parm, which he pronounce delicious. I was looking forward to the duck and was really disappointed to find out that they ran out earlier in the week and it was not on the menu. I also ended up choosing the tuna w/ soba noodles which was really nice. We rounded out the meal with a few desserts and left sated. I thought the meal was wonderful, but very pricey. Plan to easily spend close to $100 or more per person with appetizers, salad, entree (a la carte), side dish, drinks and dessert. I would return, more of a special occasion place.

• Visited March 2013

Duluth, Georgia
“Soup of the day was overly salted!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A friend and I had dinner here last week. The service was quite good although this restaurant just recently opened. However the asparagus soup was overly salty...to the point where that was most what you tasted! I had the oak leaf salad which was pretty much run-of-the-mill. We arrived at 6pm but by the time we left, the bar was packed along with the restaurant - very much a young trendy vibe. I think they will go through some growing pains. Prices were at Westport rates.

• Visited April 2013
Weston, CT
“a bad experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I visit a new restaurant, I always set my expectations low. This restaurant did not even get on my charts. It was a horrow show from the reservations to the meal. we called for a reservation and was put on hold for 5 minutes. they asked if they could call back in 10 minutes but never called back.we called again. when we sat down for dinner, the waitress instead of specials for the night read a list of what was not available. One of the people in our party was allergic to wine so she asked the the wine sauce be not put on her salmon, and yes out it came from the kitchen with wine sauce. So they brought it out again and so dry it was horrible. Many other things were not up to speed, too many to mention. This is a loser do not waste your time, and oh yes it is so loud be prepared not to have a conversation with your friends because nobody will hear you

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MichaelMoWeston_CT
Weston, Connecticut
“A must...definitely worth going!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Long awaited, in the old Bogies location... Beautifully revamped. My husband and I sat at a hightop in the bar. We loved the place! We both had the hamburger special. ( their meat is prime). We also ordered 2 sides: roasted Brussels sprouts and spinach with garlic & oil. Everything was delicious, including the dessert, a chocolate torte w/ice cream. We loved our waiter, Chris. The service was very good, atmosphere ditto . Worth the trip. We shall return. $$

2 Thank Marilyn C