“typical food with a smily service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 163 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Norwalk, Connecticut
“typical food with a smily service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

am a big fan of indian food,coz am grown in this cuisine but I love trying all food
recently I been to this restaurant,my expectation was high as always(love typical dishes)
when we there its seems like a quite night but after ten minutes restaurant got packed,thought the food will be not that great coz of a busy night
I ordered pahadi chicken kabob as starter,fish moilee,chicken vindaloo,goat cheese spinach nan
starter was grilled to perfection,can be little more spicy,but server told me it's going to be only medium spicy
then it's time for my entrée,fish moilee was out of the world,chicken vindaloo was great,nan oops I don't even stop licking my finger
only thing I noticed was short of service staff,but the waiter was wonderful,he was even running like a chicken,but he took good care of us with a perfect smile,that we always miss in restaurants when they are busy
overall a great experience,will recommend to anyone who like typical indian food

• Visited December 2013

“Just O.K.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We love Indian food and have a favorite restaurant we go to regularly near us. We recently were in the Westport area and looked this place up. We were hoping it would be good. While it was o.k. it wasn't outstanding. The typical flavors that we love were not as vibrant and things were a bit over cooked. Service was not wonderful either.

• Visited January 2014
Westport, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not anymore the same restaurant it use to be.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I use to frequent this place and love it. It used to be great service and quality which is no more the case. I guess it is a new management and I gave it a benefit of doubt first couple of times last year while they were settling down but had been disappointed every time. Not only the food sucks ... Service is same and management is arrogant as well. We tried to provide some genuine feedback couple of times but did not find anyone who would genuinely be interested to listen.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GGN1
Tarun N, Owner at The Mumbai times Indian cuisine, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam
I really appreciate your time and feedback. I am sorry to see that you are very disappointed from us. Although we are trying to improve but unfortunately and definitely couldn't do a good job in serving you. So, if possible, I would like to hear from you and promise to take necessary action to improve upon the existing problems. I can be reached at (manager@mumbaitimesct.com)
Many thanks- Tarun Narula (owner)
Danbury, Connecticut, USA
“Not that much good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

in month of October we were there in Mumbai Times. We ordered food that was came bit late and not that much taste also.

Visited October 2013
Dear Sir
I really appreciate your time and feedback. I am sorry that you are very disappointed from us. If possible, I would like to hear from you and will do my best to improve on the specific food items as well as on our service. Email: manager@mumbaitimesct.com. Many Thanks- Tarun Narula (owner)
Westport, Connecticut
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We got the new menu in the mail and ordered take out last night. I had not been a huge fan of Indian food, but this was exceptional. We got Fish Moilee(sp),coconut rice,naan,and chicken tandoor. It was delivered in a timely manner too!

• Visited October 2013