“Most Delightful Place in CT”

Terrain Garden Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrain Garden Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 163 Restaurants in Westport
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Terrain Cafe celebrates the cycle of the seasons and the bounty of the land. Using hand-selected local produce, meats, seafood, and dairy products, we take pride in creating seasonal menus using hand selected local produce, meats & dairy products at their peak of freshness, from farmers we know and trust. Our bright, open spaces reflect the beauty of nature, complementing a menu and experience created in collaboration with James Beard Award-winning Chef Marc Vetri and the Vetri Family team.
Weston, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most Delightful Place in CT”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

EVERYTHING BUT FOOD!

Atmosphere is everything about this place. There's no place like Terrain Cafe in the whole CT. It's incredibly delightful, cheerful and charming! Until you order the food. The service was excellent, but I couldn't find anything to order from the brunch menu and finally had to order this weird combination of drumstick with pancake! It was overpriced and tasted funny. But I still had a great time because just by sitting there was worthy of it. I will not go for Sunday brunch again, but will give it a shot at another time.

• Visited July 2012

Branford, Connecticut
“Love!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The scallops and almond bread pudding was to die for!!! The service was friendly and fast, and I cannot wait to go back and enjoy another meal :)

Visited March 2013
“The store is more interesting than the food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

i've eaten here three times since it's opening last May and although the store is amazing and i've spent lots of time and money in all of it's departments i find for a Farm to table restaurant the food is just ok. Yesterday's Farro Quinoa salad had zero Farro in it. The Duck Confit Salad was dry salty duck that was way overcooked. The Lobster roll had plenty of Lobster meat but a lot of mayo. The Stonington scallops were good; all three of them. Lunch for 3 people without dessert or booze was over $80 after tax and tip. For a town with many restaurants this one needs some work.

• Visited February 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The best service in a cafe atmosphere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I had reservations about trying this garden cafe which is located in a much larger property. You enter a retail establishment that sells a wide variety of plants and more. The cafe was a pleasant surprise- a skylight keeps the atmosphere enjoyable but the reason to go was the excellent service. The food was good , the menu classic cafe food.
Make a reservation , the wait without one was 30 minutes.

Ansonia, CT
“The chicken and waffle dish is good but chicken size is pitiful”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went here for brunch with 2 friends. I had a mimosa that was very good and my friend really enjoyed her blood mary. The bread is fresh baked in a terra cotta plant pot and comes out hot and very good. I had the chicken and waffles and both were very good but I have to admit for $18.00 they could have given another piece of chicken. 1 fried leg and 2 waffles. What they gave me was a leg and thigh that was very small, I would have been embarassed to serve such a small portion if I had company over.It came with 2 waffles that were orange scented and very light. I'm not a big eater by no means either. The burgers looked really good, they were much bigger than my chicken portion that my friend could not finish it. Another friend had the croque madam and she enjoyed that. We passed on deseert as there wasn;t anything that excited us. I did not see the final bill because my friends treated. I wouldn't mind going back for dinner either and I would hope for the amount of money they charge you would get a little bigger portion.

• Visited January 2013