“Fabulous food in a wonderful outdoor dining atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arezzo Ristorante

Arezzo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Arezzo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 163 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Ave & Post Road West
Transit: Metro North Westport Station, GBT Coastal Link Bus Route.
usa
“Fabulous food in a wonderful outdoor dining atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We met our friends the other night at this wonderful restaurant and enjoyed a fabulous dinner on their beautiful outdoor riverside terrace. There was a really fun, vibrant vibe and the service was a little slow but it was in sync with our leisurely pace. My husband and I shared a burata and tomato appetizer that was really fresh. We will definitely come back before the summer ends!

Norwalk, Connecticut, USA
“A European flair on the Saugatuck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have found my new favorite restaurant in Westport. Arezzo is a winner. This location seems to have been a challenge for previous restaurants. While the riverside view is great, the parking is tough. A restaurant needs to be exceptional to overcome those obstacles. Not only has Arezzo accomplished that with its cuisine and ambiance, they've built out their patio dining right down to the water and offered valet parking (on both sides of the street) to eliminate the hassle. The combination creates a wonderful destination. My first visit was with my wife without a reservation on a stormy night. The patio had emptied and they were pretty full. But they accommodated us just the same. Caesar and Caprese salad appetizers just fantastic. I had the Salmon while my wife had the veal parm with a side of pasta. While those sound like safe orders the preparation, presentation, and finesse of flavor was delightful. We came back within a week and tried the Branzino (incredible) and Fettucini with mushrooms and truffle sauce (best she's had). Desserts on both occasions were wonderful. We immediately made plans to bring the family back for a birthday dinner the next week! A table of 8 and not a hiccup in service. Everyone raved about their meals, the wine (a nice list) and atmosphere. Sitting right on the water feels a lot more like Europe than Westport. In case you haven't figured it out already, highly recommended!

1 Thank Tomeegee
Norwalk, Connecticut
“So bad that it was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

My fiancé booked here for my birthday dinner. We arrive and stop on one side of the road where it stays for valet stop here. We wait...holding up all the traffic....still no one comes out to take the car. We decide to try and find parking, no luck so we turn around and stop on the other side of the road where there is another valet stop here sign... no one comes.....so I get out and walk into the restaurant the bartender mistakes me for someone who is waiting at the bars friend - very awkward. I then ask him about the car he said just leave it out there running and someone will come and get it. Obviously I was not comfortable in leaving my car with the keys in it at a busy intersection, anyway my fiancé comes in and we go to the front desk and ask about the valet she tells us the guy will be out in a minute....the valet guy is schmoozing with customers in the restaurant he then eventually comes up to us and gives us one of the restaurant business cards and writes a number 5 on it.....well that isn't exactly a valet tag.... They show us to the table there is a young hostess who has 0 confidence but is pleasant albeit more dressed for Bar Taco than this place. The view is beautiful and that is about all this place has going for it.
The waiter comes - who was a total disaster at serving not because of his lack of trying but more because he clearly has had no training. The food was okay not the best Italian I have had but certainly not the worst and the menu options are decent. Our waiter comes to us and asks if we want more drinks but before we said that we wanted to switch and order a bottle of wine he had already disappeared and gone and got another round of what we were drinking before. The guy who cleared our plates just came over and said 'are you done?". It is just little serving things like this that let this restaurant done. As it was my birthday then brought me a tiramisu with a candle - very nice gesture however it was the worst tiramisu I have ever tasted it was warm and sloppy. We then moved inside where we sat in the bar and I noticed that someone had brought my car back around (it was there when we first sat down) and left it running with the keys inside....when we were done we just walked outside and got in .... we could have been anyone.

Please don't expect much when dining here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emma S
Ct., USA
“Uneven, unresponsive and inconsistent...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

So I had lunch on Wed., nice table outside, a good summer day. Place was empty, service was attentive and my mojito well made. I ordered the scallops from the appetizer menu and received 4 good sized flavorful scallops on a bed of corn.
My friend's fish and salads were excellent. So happy that I suggested we return today Sunday.
Service was slow to non existent ( a private party outside seemed to be getting all the attention), the table we had reserved outside was in the full sun and there was no umbrella available so we moved to a table inside...the same scallop dish today had three scallops... Children unsupervised running in and out ....the mojito was club soda with two mint leaves with worm holes... Not pretty. So it is a hit and miss place. End of story.

ct
“Waterside Italian you could be in Venice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very romantic beautiful outdoor waterside dining. Italian waiters and very good food with a versatile menu. I truly did feel as if I could be Venice with the brick and the water and the seagulls flying overhead. I am a meatball guru so I had to try the spaghetti and meatballs. They were very good but not the best I've ever had and the spaghetti sauce was too thick and creamy for me.
The brick oven pizza was very good and if want an economic choice on the menu this is it. My date loved his lamb ragout, but was not very happy about the beer selection- no tap and only Peroni or very basic domestic selection. The wine by glass is as pricey as they get but its good too.