“Great location on the water”
Review of Arezzo Ristorante

Arezzo Ristorante
Ranked #74 of 175 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Ave & Post Road West
Transit: Metro North Westport Station, GBT Coastal Link Bus Route.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Was invited to Arezzo for a post Baptism lunch on Sunday. We were seated as a group on the lower patio overlooking the river. The staff could not have been more pleasant and attentive and the food was excellent. We had a limited menu due to the special family gathering that was being hosted, but I sampled the three entree choices and thought all were well prepared. The appetizers selected were calamari & zucchini as well as meatballs in sauce. Both were also excellent. the calamari was cooked perfectly. We had a beautiful Sunday afternoon so sitting outdoors on the water was more than pleasant. A nice warm evening dinner on the terrace is something we are looking forward to and my wife and I plan to return..I can appreciate the concerns on parking as their is limited on street parking but you may find a spot nearby or if you don't mind a short walk there is additional parking over the bridge. I can't speak for the valet service as we did not use it. I located a spot right on the street, albeit a quiet Sunday afternoon in the area.

1  Thank Thomas K

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

As a longtime Westport resident I've seen many restaurant incarnations in the spot that is now Arezzo. The location is tricky: almost at the intersection of Riverside Avenue and the Post Road, the restaurant has no parking and relies on (somewhat slow) valet service to accommodate its patrons. If you were thinking of dining here without a reservation and did not immediately find the valet available you would simply keep going. The restaurant itself seems to have made few updates, leaving a very dated look to the main restaurant. The view of the Saugatuck River and the outdoor terrace certainly add some charm on pleasant days...otherwise I'm sure the restaurant would be completely devoid of charm.

We visited on a sunny Saturday evening for an early dinner; at the time we were seated the restaurant was about half full. There were many staff members roaming about the restaurant but very few of them seemed to be waiters. We asked for our waiter two different times (both flagging someone down) before we finally found someone who was willing to take our order. We inquired about two appetizers, baked clams and polenta fries, only to be told they were no longer available. Ditto for a potential entree choice, which seemed strange given that it was so early in the evening on what is normally the busiest night for most restaurants.

We settled on a beet salad appetizer and two pastas, all of which were passable Italian dishes but nothing impressive. We had been told that the brick oven pizzas were good but weren't in the mood for pizza for dinner on a date night.

When we paid the bill and were ready to leave, the valet was backed up and we waited 10 minutes for our car. Again, strange to have just when valet on a Saturday night.

There nothing bad or offensive at Arezzo...just nothing worth going out of your way.

2  Thank WalkerWine
Reviewed May 13, 2014

the food is very good and the service is great...very nice people....the atmosphere when weather is good is unbeatable...the outside deck overlooking the river gives a quaint, european type atmosphere...this is our favorite "go-to" place in town.....

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Used to be well-managed, with good food and good service.
Now, badly managed, mediocre food, inattentive service.

Oh, well.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am so glad we found this restaurant; it is the best Italian food in CT. The veal ragout is just outstanding, all their homemade pasta is excellent, and the quality of their mozzarella is top notch. I know it is strange to talk about mozzarella, but it really isn’t easy to find great mozzarella. Service has been hit or miss, but the overall atmosphere and great food are enough to make this someplace I come back too. This really is a hidden gem. If service was more consistent, I would have given it 5 stars.

1  Thank Michael_Buck