“Very Enjoyable!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fairfield, CT
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Made a reservation here for Christmas Eve dinner. Right off the bat I give management kudos for keeping their regular menu and prices for this holiday evening. In a town where restaurateurs seem to have no morals on holidays, it was noteworthy that The Spotted Horse Tavern was willing to buck the trend and provide an excellent experience at a reasonable price. We were seated promptly and the wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. I had the Atlantic Salmon with Sweet Pea Risotto. The Salmon was very good. The risotto was slightly over cooked, but I cannot complain, risotto is probably one of the most difficult dishes for a restaurant to prepare and serve at top form. It was much better than I've had at other restaurants. The atmosphere is very cozy. All and all a really great evening out. We will be returning quite frequently.

• Visited December 2012

“Really good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Loved the menu, not the noise or the fact that we got asked to leave our table because a party of 4 was waiting for it.

Visited October 2012
Fairfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great food, great staff, great room! Highly recommend any special of the day! You will leave full and very happy!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ShannonAdams121212
London, United Kingdom
“I went here for lunch and for dinner and I had the Craft Butchery Burger twice.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went here for lunch and for dinner and I had the Craft Butchery Burger twice. I found it delish. I also found the staff to be extremely friendly. We engaged in some awesome lively banter with our lunch waitress (she brought us fruit instead of bread). For dinner, I had the strawberry lemonade saketini and it was yummy. The owner was around during dinner and he greeted us awesomely. I will def. return to this restaurant when I’m back in Westport.

• Visited December 2012
CT
“Eclectic end-to-end”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

"Eclectic" seems to describe this place end-to-end. Even its physical site is eclectic - a Gone With The Wind era gas flame lit front only feet from the YMCA across the street. The Spotted Horse Tavern has attracted an eclectic "audience" since the day they opened... attracting everyone from the very young to the much older... from a romantic couple to mid career working couple rushing through "just off the train" dinner together.... and the small "packs" of 30-something women and 40-50-something men cruising for a new friend. The service is eclectic as well. There is no loss of energy or enthusiasm or desire to respond to your every need... but they do seem a bit like a deer in the headlights... overwhelmed but trying to do the right thing. We will going back because it is always the same - always a new adventure... and generous drinks. The bar is very loud, the dining room allows a conversation if you sit close and the outside pateo is great when weather allows. The prices are decent for Westport, and the menu offers some interesting choices. The drinks are reasonably priced and gererously poured. They pour and mix as if for thier best friend, which is how all restaurants should see their customers.

• Visited November 2012